Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting new Agressor wheels on my 2017 RGS. I know the CVO's have TPS. Can I add that to my bike and have it work seamlessly as if it were stock. I want the radio to display the info. I don't want any aftermarket display. Anybody try to do this?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Dealer told me the answer is no - that the stems, sensor unit, and receiver software were proprietary to CVO. But I suspect someone more technically savvy than I could reverse engineer.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I'm putting new Agressor wheels on my 2017 RGS. I know the CVO's have TPS. Can I add that to my bike and have it work seamlessly as if it were stock. I want the radio to display the info. I don't want any aftermarket display. Anybody try to do this?
I just went through this. I'm told. You cannot. The body control module on our bikes is different from the CVO. Says the guys at my dealer. Are they perfect? No. But I kinda trust them. I wanted this too.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Get the FOBO setup with metal T stems. You don't add a screen to your bike, but rather the info is relayed to an app on your phone (and even smart watches). You can set alerts to notify you if your pressure is low. I know you won't be able to easily see the pressure while you're riding, but as long as you check it before you start, you should be good. And if you have a phone mount on your bike already, you can run the FOBO app while you're riding.

·
Registered
745 Posts
You could have mine if it were simple. I hate the damn thing. Always popping up on the radio screen. Also not sure if the thing can be adjusted but. I shows to be low air pressure at a pressure that's just fine with me. Eff TPS. I can see a woman needing such info but I don't see where any self respecting man would ever need or want this BS...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You could have mine if it were simple. I hate the damn thing. Always popping up on the radio screen. Also not sure if the thing can be adjusted but. I shows to be low air pressure at a pressure that's just fine with me. Eff TPS. I can see a woman needing such info but I don't see where any self respecting man would ever need or want this BS...
I just hate checking rear pressure. It's a pain in the ass so I don't check it as much as I should. It would be nice to just see the reading on the screen. I didn't know it was so annoying. My GMC has it and it works great.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just ditched my FOBO system after 8000 miles and OEM stems. They started having pairing issues, from what Ive read, the company was not keeping up with phone makers SW updates. Either way, I didn't like having my phone on my bars, and could not detect alarms in my pockets. I bought Malam off Amazon. It has a small monitor and the sensors are already paired. Display is like 2" x 2". Kinda primitive, but was cheap and works. Want better integration, buy the CVO.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get the FOBO setup with metal T stems. You don't add a screen to your bike, but rather the info is relayed to an app on your phone (and even smart watches). You can set alerts to notify you if your pressure is low. I know you won't be able to easily see the pressure while you're riding, but as long as you check it before you start, you should be good. And if you have a phone mount on your bike already, you can run the FOBO app while you're riding.
Thanks for the info! This is really the best setup for me since I mount my phone at all times on my bike. The t stems look ugly as hell but it will make inflating the rear easier.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
My dealership has an in tire tpms system that's usa blue tooth top your phone. I'll get the info for you tomorrow. I almost went with them. They look like a car tpms. The ones in the wife's hummer go stupid in the winter but as soon as it warms up they're fine. My Wrangler ones are stable in all temps.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thanks for the info! This is really the best setup for me since I mount my phone at all times on my bike. The t stems look ugly as hell but it will make inflating the rear easier.
If you have your phone on your bars and can get the sensors to pair, the FOBO will work great, Its fun watching the tire temps rise @ freeway speed...

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
I have FOBO also, I’m very happy with it. I had one technical issue and believe it or not they have tech support who actually get right back to you and are very knowledgeable. Just remember to go with metal stems if you get it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
335 Posts
I added my Malcam TPMS caps to my new RGS today. If you are not in need of tires, what is the cheapest way to get metal valve stems? Its not a DIY thing is it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had my dealer add the CVO sensors to my 2019 RGU along with HD Agitator wheels, flashed the radio and the TPMS is now working just like on the CVO's. Nothing else was needed.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I just ditched my FOBO system after 8000 miles and OEM stems. They started having pairing issues, from what Ive read, the company was not keeping up with phone makers SW updates. Either way, I didn't like having my phone on my bars, and could not detect alarms in my pockets. I bought Malam off Amazon. It has a small monitor and the sensors are already paired. Display is like 2" x 2". Kinda primitive, but was cheap and works. Want better integration, buy the CVO.

same system i bought, love it. only bitch is when you need to add air you have to loosen the lock nut to remove the sensor cap to add air. but have yet to have to do that. i keep the charge cable in the glovebox where i have a usb but it's been a year and haven't had to charge yet.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I added my Malcam TPMS caps to my new RGS today. If you are not in need of tires, what is the cheapest way to get metal valve stems? Its not a DIY thing is it?
no you have to remove the tire to change to metal stems. i went with the 90° alum. valve stems, bought on amazon, really helps with the rear when adding air without having to take off the saddlebag.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts