Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My question is the power. I was advised to use 8 guage power wire for one amp but my question is now that I’m hooking up two amps can I just run 1 power wire and use an adapter to hook the second amp up for power? If so what guage should the main power wire be???

·
Registered
753 Posts
A lot of guys use distribution blocks for dual amp setups. 4 ga. from the battery to distribution block and 8 ga from block to amps.

·
Registered
950 Posts
This is the only proper way to do it (assuming you don't want to run dedicated 8 ga. wire for each AMP clear to the battery).

Agreed. This is the way i did it on my last bike running an arc and hertz amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Gotcha guys. Went to local audio shop got the wires i needed and a distribution block for pos and neg (dam it was high priced lol). Got all this power but my speakers are all over the place. Got the Arc 602’s in the fairing, Memphis Audio 6.5 in lower fairing and Polk audio 6x9 450w in lids. We will see how it sounds when I get everything hooked up. Probably end up getting different speakers later

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Gotcha guys. Went to local audio shop got the wires i needed and a distribution block for pos and neg (dam it was high priced lol). Got all this power but my speakers are all over the place. Got the Arc 602’s in the fairing, Memphis Audio 6.5 in lower fairing and Polk audio 6x9 450w in lids. We will see how it sounds when I get everything hooked up. Probably end up getting different speakers later
There is a older review by Gann on the other forum in the audio section with the 602s in the lowers. Might want to read it.
With all that good clean power some pro audio speakers would be bad ass

1 - 7 of 7 Posts