Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried a 14" windvest works good up to 55mph then the buffeting starts.
Has anyone installed a vent in the windshield? I thought I saw a post once but can't find it again. It seems a multi position vent would help as it does on the new models. Thanks.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Or you could just buy a Madstaad.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
654 Posts
There is a fellow who installed a Rifle Vent on his OEM windshield. Said he could not tell any difference. I do not know how to post the link to this thread, but you may search for in under Rifle Vent.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
You can do what you want to the windshield but 80% or more of the buffeting is caused from the air coming from below the upper fairing. Hard lowers is the only way to significantly reduce the buffeting.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You can do what you want to the windshield but 80% or more of the buffeting is caused from the air coming from below the upper fairing. Hard lowers is the only way to significantly reduce the buffeting.
Soft lowers work really well too, better in fact for me, because I can jam my long legs much futher forward into the soft lower than the hard ones. Much more comfortable for me and same good wind blockage.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Rambo. I must agree with you there. I have the GADS which I purchased last year. I noticed some difference. This spring I put some soft lowers on. Yep, very big difference. BUT. But dang I still get some buffeting top of my helmet. Just received a Madstad, so I am going to give that a try as well. Then that is all I am going to spend. At least that is all I am going to spend on wind management. I also have a hydrolic cam tensioner sitting on the work bench, then 'that is all I am going to spend.' The soft lowers do positively affect buffeting though.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Soft lowers according to HD should not be used at temps over 65 F degrees and this is because the soft lowers will block some of the air flow to the engine and engine cooling is affected.
Hard lowers in fact help direct air towards the engine and they don't affect engine cooling.
You can put on any windshield and the buffeting will still be there until the air flow that comes from under the upper fairing is controlled then a windshield will help.
I tried the GADS system and it sits in my RG misfit toy box with the other stuff that didn't work.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I have tried a 14" windvest works good up to 55mph then the buffeting starts.
Has anyone installed a vent in the windshield? I thought I saw a post once but can't find it again. It seems a multi position vent would help as it does on the new models. Thanks.

Call Clearview and ask if you can buy the vent seperate, it has louvers you can close.

·
Registered
248 Posts
14' Windvest Desert Dawgs

First of all I am a site sponser I would like to put that out there as a disclaimer

I have shrunk to 5'8' I have a 32" inseam and have no trouble seeing over the windshield

I run a 14" Windvest, Desert Dawgs, and the products I sell GADS Package 001 on the RG, in Black

The Desert Dawgs remove in about 10 seconds, roll up to about 1/2 the size of your chaps.

I have a set of factory vented lowers that fit this bike they are in the basement where they belong,

I also have a Ultra Clasic Electra Glide with all the standard parts plus a few extras

My Ultra gives me extremely good protection - My RoadGlde matches it in protection from wind and turbulance. Plus it is more fun to ride.

There are a few people who do not like the GADS or the set up I run, I get that.
Most of them wont put in 2 or 3 - 900 mile days in a row spend a day then ride back home. I get that too.

But who can blame them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts