Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with these? Each LED can be controlled separately (color, intensity, etc). The problem I'm seeing is that they run on 5v instead of 12v and I'm not exactly sure how that would work when you attempt to run multiple strips off the same controller. I'm tempted to try it, but hate to sync a bunch of money into it yet without knowing more.

https://youtu.be/ZkVxJF20R18

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I've used pixel nodes and strips. I have not used 12v yet but they are available. I have purchased a Raspberry Pi but have not used it yet. There is lots of info on doing this on the Christmas forum "doityourselfchristmas.com".

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've used pixel nodes and strips. I have not used 12v yet but they are available. I have purchased a Raspberry Pi but have not used it yet. There is lots of info on doing this on the Christmas forum "doityourselfchristmas.com".

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Part of me thinks it would be really cool and the other thinks the coolness might get lost when the strips get cut and separated. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Part of me thinks it would be really cool and the other thinks the coolness might get lost when the strips get cut and separated. I'll check it out.
The longer the strips the more you can do with them. But you still can do front of the bike to the back. Or top to bottom type of effects. Using the Raspberry Pi and free software "Falcon Pi Player" you should be able to run plenty of lights on your bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts