Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Only an assumption but since it is coming off the harley radio.....driver and passenger will have to listen to the same music???

·
Registered
189 Posts
Same as it is today with the wiring headset. I would suggest also not to have the mistress calling while you're riding with the "regular" >:)

Damn smart advice right there!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Parts are available on the official HD store:

Wireless interface module 76000768

Rushmore from 14 to 17 requires also: headset module wire harness 69201726

The video show the HD labeled sena 20s headset, I presume it will work with the standard sena 20s. No information available on connectivity for other brands

·
Registered
2,469 Posts

The video show the HD labeled sena 20s headset, I presume it will work with the standard sena 20s. No information available on connectivity for other brands
Well dang. Now I don't feel so smart with my Freewire and Sierra Elec adapter cable.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts

The video said your phone, so it "should" interface with any Bluetooth. Famous last words.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The way the sena 20s is actually working with freewire is probably the same for this new device:

iPod and phone connected to the boombox.
Boombox connected to the freewire (or the new HD module)
Freewire (or new HD module) connected to the 20s headset.

The actual freewire works only with the 20s, it is possible that it is the same with the HD. I would suggest to see some review before taking some other headset brand.
If you connect the phone to both the boombox and the 20s expect a lot of echoes......

·
Registered
229 Posts
I take it the headset that came with my Ultra, Harley davidson premium stereo helmet headset p/n 77147-98a, won't work with this new setup?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Code:
t
I take it the headset that came with my Ultra, Harley davidson premium stereo helmet headset p/n 77147-98a, won't work with this new setup?
They will not because they are wired to the bike. You will need 2 Bluetooth headsets, most possibly the branded HD 20s or the regular sena 20s

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I presume that as for everything directly connected to the boombox, a round of "digital technician" will be needed to tell the box that the module is installed.
This mean dealer installation......

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I ordered it this morning. I did not want to buy two freewires. Deal did say they think is the same thing as the SENA connect.
The reason those of us with 2017 need to order a different harness is length.
The harness is back ordered as of now no date given for delivery.
Yes it required "digital technician" Programing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Surkyke and others already have the parts discounted and listed for order. (just in case anyone is interested).

HD info says this will pair with any bluetooth headsets. There are several other low cost headsets that support A2DP and aptX. Interesting to see how they will work. May have to try these as Amazon will take them back no Q's asked if I don't like them.

Anyone that purchases and installed the new BT transceiver and harness, please post your findings.

J

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've been using my Freewire with a Sena 10S and it works just fine, including the CB radio when I was using it on my now former 13 RGU, and works fine on my new 17 RGU. My only hesitation with going to the WHIM is whether it will work with my 10S headsets...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Dealer had advised me to wait on the freewire. While he said he had no inside information he was sure something was coming in 2018. Once again he was right.
Your free wire will still have a resale. There are those that only want one a a good deal on the free wire will work for them so you have two to sell.
I have the Interface , harness should be here soon.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Installed :
No short cuts installed with Harness by dealer
Using S20 SENA dual we already had
With discounts tax and all the BS parts and labor $422.
Every thing works. Bit of a learning curve. I had never used the voice command with the 2016 or the 2017. Did not want to mess with the wired head sets.
Was told I would only get mono sound by a lot on the net. Wrong Sound is great
Was told the wire system would no longer work. Wrong Mine works tried it just to see .
While playing with it some how I changed a setting that cause me to lose the ability to toggle with the left home toggle between songs. I had seen that before so knew what to chnage in the setting.
With two helmets cool part it one is control by front volume the other by the rear and it works prefect
For now we are using the HD system for intercom. I am running front volume at 3/4 and using SENA to adjust from there. Wife has bike set at 1/2 and using the SEAN to adjust.
If she does not want to listen to what I do she can blue tooth here own music to the SEAN.
Using the voice commands with the GPS works. However you need to get the command right. Speaking go fxx your self does not turn off route Guidance . Speaking "cancel route Guidance" does.
The VOX seems to be working great so far. And issue we had with the 2011 and 2013. It was either to sensitive or you had to yell to make it work and road noise effected it .
My older Cardor Scalarrider Q3's also work with. Pairing is simple.
Some of what I read on the net I doubt some of the posters even have one. Like every thing there is a learning curve. Because of the interface I am now exploring many options the system has I did not use.
Day 3 with it installed. We leave latter for a 300 mile round trip test ride to get a cup of coffee in Lacrosse WI. I want wife comfortable with it before we leave Sept 23 for MO.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts