Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to pull the trigger on replacing my cams and will be putting in adj pushrods in. My main question is can someone please explain how to correctly install them. I have read about tightening them and then waiting for the lifter to "bleed down". I have never done this so I have no idea what they are talking about. Can someone write this out in layman's terms? if there is not a good write up I will see if i can remember to take pics and document when I do this.

Can someone suggest a good brand for the pushrods or will the SE adjustable pushrods be good. (I am not going to be going to radical with the cams prolly the Tman 555tq).

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
You are going to love those cams. I also have the SE adjustable pushrods.

If you are replacing your lifters soak the new ones in your motor oil overnight. Once you have adjusted the SE push rods the 2-1/2 turns the instructions say wait 10-minutes before turning the motor over by hand. This is what they mean by bleed down. It will allow the oil in the lifters to bleed down so it's not putting excess pressure on the rocker arms and valves.

If you replace your lifters the adjustment in the SE instructions might be different depending on the lifter you pick. Gatorman lifters for example require less adjustment than what the SE instructions say. Keep in mind the SE pushrods are 24teeth per inch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts