Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Had those on our '11. The wife liked them so She could change Her foot position while on trips. No issues with them other than a little rust on the lock pin but preventative oil should help with that.

Sent from Tapatalk. probably while pooping.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had those on our '11. The wife liked them so She could change Her foot position while on trips. No issues with them other than a little rust on the lock pin but preventative oil should help with that.

Sent from Tapatalk. probably while pooping.
Thanks. Did you have the Kury ones? Did they get in your way at all?

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Yup on the Kury part. When not in use, we just folded them back. They will make it a bit more of a challenge getting on and off the bike when folded forward.

·
Registered
09 CVO Roadglide 117/24D Cams Drago 2 exhaust
498 Posts
Have them on the 09, wife loves them and gives her other positions for her feet and legs on those longer rides. We have replaced the rubbers in them once over the years and from time to time will have to remove the 1/4 20 bolt on the back side and add some Loctite to it. As far as being in your way...yes and no. When I first installed them they bothered me when stopping if they were all the way forward and also if I was pushing the bike into the garage or backing it into a parking spot. Used to fuss a little if the didn't get moved back when she got off. She won and they are in the forward position all the time now and I honestly don't know they are there anymore or pay any attention to them. It also makes it handy for the wife to kick me when I do something she wasn't planning for me to do

·
Registered
498 Posts
I did just remember something about the Kury though and it an old memory from and old man so take it with a grain of salt. There are 2 different floorboad mounts. One of them mount with a single bolt the other mounts with 2 bolt. The throat of those 2 are different so make sure you get the correct Kury mount for the correct floor board that you have. Hopefully if I am remembering incorrectly someone will chime in and set us both straight.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I did just remember something about the Kury though and it an old memory from and old man so take it with a grain of salt. There are 2 different floorboad mounts. One of them mount with a single bolt the other mounts with 2 bolt. The throat of those 2 are different so make sure you get the correct Kury mount for the correct floor board that you have. Hopefully if I am remembering incorrectly someone will chime in and set us both straight.
You are correct. Choose the right kit for your year. I have the Ciro on my 19, but had Kury on previous bikes.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are correct. Choose the right kit for your year. I have the Ciro on my 19, but had Kury on previous bikes.
I’m looking at the Cairo ones as well. I like the ideal of being able to flip up the pegs but I don’t know about the rest of it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Ciro mounts are fixed mounts. You install them (and the pegs you select) and then adjust to suit your passenger. Tighten everything up and they are rock solid. The pegs flip up and out of the way, or down for use. My wife loves them, and they look very custom. Looked at Kury and H-D....glad we went first class with Ciro.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For the guys running the Ciro ones, are the a PITA when it comes to removing the side covers?

We are going to Sturgis in a couple weeks so I’m hoping to see them both there. The H-D ones are out, cause they only have chrome.

·
Registered
918 Posts
For the guys running the Ciro ones, are the a PITA when it comes to removing the side covers?

We are going to Sturgis in a couple weeks so I’m hoping to see them both there. The H-D ones are out, cause they only have chrome.
They aren’t in the way for me removing side covers.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Glad you confirmed that. I can now tell the wife I am NOT old and senile just old

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
137 Posts
I have the Arlen Ness, rear floorboards, with the adjustable pegs, if they are all the way forward, can you come up to a traffic light or a stop sign, them damn things hit the back of your calls, and it hurts. With that said, my wife and I both love those adjustable pegs, when we travel we try to cover five to six hundred miles a day. If she puts those pegs All the Way Forward while riding, I can actually put my foot on top of the pegs, it actually feels like my old rice rocket days, it puts my legs more upright like the rice rocket, and just gives me one more position to place my feet, when I am done stretching oh, my wife simply brings it back one click and now he is able to stretch her legs, I highly recommend them to anybody that travels. Your wife will thank you, and you will see what I mean about stretching your legs.
But it only takes a couple of times, with a bruised calf, and you do learn.
Vehicle Car Hood Gear shift Motor vehicle

1 - 17 of 17 Posts