Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - looking to add a removal, adjustable AND folding riders backrest to my stock seat - '15 RGS. Any suggestions or experience keeping the stock seat and having all three features? I have bad knees and being short... I need it to fold down. thanks!

·
Registered
927 Posts
I don't know about the backrest for stock seats. But the backrest for my LePera Monterey solo does fold down. I also have leg troubles & the seat works perfectly for me. I'm also more sure footed when stopped.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've used a Mustang rider's backrest on two different HD touring bikes, and really like it. It is manually adjusted up/down/back/front (but can be adjusted by reaching behind you while riding - although not really recommended and not convenient, and I've never really had a reason to adjust it once it's set). It also removes very easily and folds down nicely into the seat, well out of the way.

I've also had the HD manually adjustable rider backrest, and while it has more padding, it's a major pain to remove because of the spring mechanism it uses, and doesn't fold down as far as the Mustang because of the thicker padding. Adjustment up and down is also a pain because of the same spring mechanism that's not very user friendly.

I think HD also makes a powered adjustable backrest(?), but years ago when I was looking, it was much more expensive, and I didn't imagine I would have much of a need to adjust it on the fly after it was set, and while that may be a requirement for some people, I don't have a need for that, so I've never owned one, and can't comment on it :serious:

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I use one on my 11 TRX. Works great.

There is a little wear pad/protector that sticks onto the seat. You'll want one on the shelf. The adhesive goes bad and they fall off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts