Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
The only diff i can think of would be the number of threads per inch the threads are which will affect the number of turns you would use.Maybe the SS are a little stiffer,i have used the SE in the last 6 bikes i have installed cams in with zero problems.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
The only performance Diff would come from the diff if any in stiffness(less deflection)but you would have to be running some very strong valve springs before that would come into play.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
When spec'ing out the 117, I asked Indy Builders on both sides of the Mississippi about Adjustable Pushrods, they all said basically the same thing, "The SE Adjustables are a mechanics dream" even though they were not doing the final assembly, or couldn't sell them to me...

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I have the SE part #17997-99a quick install push rods, non tapered style on my 2011 fltrx with no issues, I was recomm to purchase these by a friend who is a SE tech at the local dealer, he has installed dozens without fail.I don't run a high lift cam, so for my application its perfect, fueling 525 cams and stock valve springs.

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
I use the SE adjustable push rods and I never had any problems. I am running the Woods TW 222 and that cam has a .555 lift but I do have the stronger SE valve springs in my stock heads.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I currently have SE adj rods on my '12. I'm debating what brand of adj. rods to put in my '15. JP Cycle have the SS cheaper that HD.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I currently have SE adj rods on my '12. I'm debating what brand of adj. rods to put in my '15. JP Cycle have the SS cheaper that HD.
There's not anything wrong with S&S by any means, I just think that the guys in my earlier post were saying that the SE Tapered were easier to use...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.