Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put in the J&M Rokker speakers and the 250 watt amp and I am not that impressed. So far the J&M system doesn't sound much better that my Hogtunes system did and I did not get any volume increase at all over the Hogtunes 140 watt amp and 5x7 speakers. The adjustment instruction video is not much help when it comes to a 2 speaker system. I don't want to open up the amp panels to locate the adjustment pods and so far any videos from J&M are useless. Anyone have any suggestions on how to adjust the J&M 250 watt amp for the 2 speaker system?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
How J&M recommends adjusting the amp should be the same regardless of how many speakers you have.
But, if you bought the amp for your 2 speaker set up, it should be set up correctly at the factory.
Maybe you were hoping for more, and just dont have any noticeable gains from the HogTunes set up you had.

·
Registered
436 Posts
for what it's worth...

I swapped out from stock speakers to the J&M Performance series w/o amp start of last year... made a huge difference in sound.

Two weeks ago I replaced them with the Rokker series and 250w amp and while not a huge difference in over all volume they are way clearer tones and deeper more full sound across the ranges.

I am happy with mine and no issues... and the wife riding behind me on her bike has commented a few times she can hear what I am listening to whereas before she just hear noise... so I know it's a better, fuller, louder set up even at 80mph

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the swap for better highway clarity because when going 70 mph plus I didn't want to drive the system to hard and get distortion. Right now when I turn the volume up I get massive distortion starting at 1/3 volume level, I have to turn the bass and treble almost off on the HK head unit and this also affects the sound quality, the J&M video say to have these settings 2 bars above center for adjusting the amp so if the amp was pre-set at the factory the system should sound good at these settings. I have used a different CD's the radio and the mp3 player and the results are typical now matter what I listen to. I know there is a way to adjust the amp but the adjustment pods are not visible and I don't want to start taking the panels off the amp just to locate the adjustment pods (I don't want to void any warranty). I watched the J&M instruction video but all you see is the persons hand in front of the amp and even though they describe which pods to turn you can't see what they are doing. IMO there is no reason a person that spends this much money on a sound system should have to listen to SHITTY sound, I may as well turn the stereo off.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
The adjustment knobs are under the sticker that says something about "Do not remove or you will void your warrenty". Like DED HD said, they are already setup from the factory. Best bet would be to call or email them to tell them your problem and see if they can help you that way.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I have J&M Rokker in fairing and lowers with 250 J&M amp. I am very happy with system.

At 70 mph loud & clear with 1/2 helmet at 1/2 volume.

At 80 mph loud & clear with 1/2 helmet at 3/4 volume.

J&M is very good to help with support. Give them a call or email.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I e-mailed J&M John and all that he said is that the amp is pre-set. But I still think that that amp is not right. I know things can get missed sometimes, just like my brand new in the box Rokker speaker kit did not come with installation instructions and I had to go online and download and print the instructions. Everything is wired correctly because I took the outer fairing back off and checked twice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts