Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have posted in the past under a different Username (Willie). I am technically challenged and had trouble logging back in after the website change. I just created a new account. I received a set of velocity red lowers with speaker boxes from Advan Black after reading several reviews. Here are my thoughts on these.

1.) $488 delivered, OEM through Boardtracker $795. I have found Boardtracker to be the best price for OEM parts.
2.) The finish was flawless and a perfect color match. This is the highlight.
3.) The plastic felt "inferior to OEM" the best description I could came up with.
4.) The vent box was warped on both sides and the vent flap will not set in it properly.
5.) This is the worst of it however. The overspray on the inner unpainted section was heavy and plainly visible when mounted (masking?).

Knowing what I know now I would have opted to pay the additional $307 for OEM. King tour pack is in my future. I will order through Boardtracker and go with OEM. $965 with all parts, backrest, lock set and tether. $799 Advan Black all parts included. If I ever decide to go with stretched bags I will have to reevaluate as OEM are more than double the price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the review! I've been looking at the Advan Black lowers just because of the cost difference! Nice review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a set DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY the material they use is cheap the plastic broke while tightening the speaker pod :mad: will attempt to get a refund will post updates

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have them in Superior Blue, I love mine, have no issues at all, fit an finish is perfect. Quality is no different with the ones "I have" to Factory. I am sorry for the issues of a few but, there are literally dozens of posts on this forum that have them and have no issues as well. In fact Harley sells the same ones for $499.00 with out speaker pods. Mine were $380.00 with speaker pods.
Color-Matched Vented Fairing Lower Kit | Wind Deflectors & Lowers | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

These are $699.00 with out speaker pods.
Color-Matched Fairing Lowers | Wind Deflectors & Lowers | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have them in Superior Blue, I love mine, have no issues at all, fit an finish is perfect. Quality is no different with the ones "I have" to Factory. I am sorry for the issues of a few but, there are literally dozens of posts on this forum that have them and have no issues as well. In fact Harley sells the same ones for $499.00 with out speaker pods. Mine were $380.00 with speaker pods.
Color-Matched Vented Fairing Lower Kit | Wind Deflectors & Lowers | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

These are $699.00 with out speaker pods.
Color-Matched Fairing Lowers | Wind Deflectors & Lowers | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

Just my 2 cents
What he said! The Advan units fit great and the vents don't seem to be a problem. Sorry that some of you are having issues with yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts