Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been struggling with Advan Black for months now.
I ordered a king tour pack with rack in Vivid black (Yeah, I know, it rhymes) Took 5 weeks, but finally showed up. Once I put it together and mounted on my bike, I rolled my bike from the shadows of the garage and In to the sun, I noticed the lid was heavily scratched from their buffing process.
I notified Sam Chan that the top was terrible, took pictures etc. and sent them to him. He agreed it wasn't acceptable and told me he’d send me another lid. “No problem, it happens” I said.
Well, three weeks later, I'd heard nothing. I reached out to Sam and he stated it would be another week.. I waited a week and reached back out to Sam. He had stated that the lid was ready to ship, but was scratched too.. wtf? So another week later, my lid shipped. Once I received my lid.. it looked a lot better, but was still plagued with deep polishing scratches, “Fuck it, I’m over it” they had also forgot to drill holes to mount the rack, and the center hole for the backrest of drilled about 2 inches too low WTF?
I reached back out to Sam to explain the issues and let him know I wasn’t stoked on the product. He offered to compensate me $100 for my troubles, and to look on my card statement in a few days.. that was almost two weeks ago..
This trunk experience sucks. For me it wasn’t worth the few bucks saved, by a long shot. I know I’m probably on my own in my opinion regarding this company, but figured I’d share my personal experience dealing with Advan black.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Sucks about the issues you had with them. My tour pack from Advanblack met my expections. Only bad part was the lead time. I waited 5 weeks to get mine. I would buy from them again.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I’ve been struggling with Advan Black for months now.
I ordered a king tour pack with rack in Vivid black (Yeah, I know, it rhymes) Took 5 weeks, but finally showed up. Once I put it together and mounted on my bike, I rolled my bike from the shadows of the garage and In to the sun, I noticed the lid was heavily scratched from their buffing process.
I notified Sam Chan that the top was terrible, took pictures etc. and sent them to him. He agreed it wasn't acceptable and told me he’d send me another lid. “No problem, it happens” I said.
Well, three weeks later, I'd heard nothing. I reached out to Sam and he stated it would be another week.. I waited a week and reached back out to Sam. He had stated that the lid was ready to ship, but was scratched too.. wtf? So another week later, my lid shipped. Once I received my lid.. it looked a lot better, but was still plagued with deep polishing scratches, “Fuck it, I’m over it” they had also forgot to drill holes to mount the rack, and the center hole for the backrest of drilled about 2 inches too low WTF?
I reached back out to Sam to explain the issues and let him know I wasn’t stoked on the product. He offered to compensate me $100 for my troubles, and to look on my card statement in a few days.. that was almost two weeks ago..
This trunk experience sucks. For me it wasn’t worth the few bucks saved, by a long shot. I know I’m probably on my own in my opinion regarding this company, but figured I’d share my personal experience dealing with Advan black.
That stinks. I took a chance at buying one of the tour paks from a similar company like Factory Fairing and it came out excellent. I couldn't be happier. I guess you just never really know until you dive in.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That stinks. I took a chance at buying one of the tour paks from a similar company like Factory Fairing and it came out excellent. I couldn't be happier. I guess you just never really know until you dive in.
it's true.. because of rave reviews I went with Advanblack, but.. I don't think I would buy from them again.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I'm happy with my king tour pak too. But it did take "forever", after 5 weeks they email the paint job was bad and it had to go back to China and be redone. Another 3 weeks and it came looking great (Amber Whiskey) and smelling of fresh paint.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sorry about that. The communication from them isn't great and it takes a long time to get product. Fortunately the items I have purchased have shown up (eventually) and been fine. They need a US distributor with inventory.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Sorry about that. The communication from them isn't great and it takes a long time to get product. Fortunately the items I have purchased have shown up (eventually) and been fine. They need a US distributor with inventory.
Your right. Communication was bad even though the guy was in California but there is no stock or work done here. He's just a middle man. Mine was over the winter so it was no big deal to wait.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
AdvanBlack or ??

This thread has me back where I started.. I want 4" stretched bags for my '16 RGS, Vivid Black. After lots of reviews, planned to order from AdvanBlack… now?? I want factory match, and the medium silver pinstripes.. who else would you recommend?

Anyone interested in selling '17 or '18 RGS OEM stretched bags as take-offs?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered a Avanblack King Tour Pack July 8. I received it yesterday, August 27. The paint on the lid is terrible. There are spots on the edges by the latch mechanism that don't even have any paint on them. I am really disappointed.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I'm happy with my king tour pak too. But it did take "forever", after 5 weeks they email the paint job was bad and it had to go back to China and be redone.
That's the problem with many of the bargain priced parts and accessories that are out there. Lots of them are manufactured over-seas (China, Mexico or some other country with crazy cheap labor) and the results are hit and miss. Take Swomack................. he's had extremely good luck and experiences with Mutazu stuff, but my experience wasn't so good. Neither were my purchases from AdvanBlack or Hogworkz. I'll confess, I'm pretty picky when it comes to cosmetics, but the stuff I had to return was way worse than just "bad".

In the end I bit the bullet and put TopShop bags on my 2015. They were painted by Factory Match. Those bags were perfect. And yes, they were expensive. But after 3 attempts with three Chinese knock-offs I was tired and wore out from the hassle.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Have theirs King tourpak and lowers in amber whiskey and it looks great and no problem i am happy with them and will use them again

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,812 Posts
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin

Words to live buy, pun intended.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
158 Posts
It seems their quality has been going down but I’ve had great support from Sam. I started with extended bags and rear fender quality was perfect.. I got the old less fitting fender which they came out with better fitting one few weeks after I had got mine. Reached out to Sam and was sent the update one. I then got the chopped tour pack then few weeks later lowers with speaker pods and the again few weeks later wind/heat deflectors all again awesome quality. Most recently though paint has sucked but been getting awesome support. Got the extended lowers, paint had issues along with one side got scratched during shipping, Sam quickly requested replacements, yet to see them I’m out of town but arrived. Then just last week got the King tour pack and the pain on the lid and lower sucked but again Sam sending replacements.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have the extended bags and rear fender fascia in Superior Blue, none match the factory color. Sam was good to deal with, but they are guessing on matching HD's colors.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think that's a fair review. I have had luck with advan black for lowers and when I had glove box latch issues they were quick to agree to send out new hardware although slow to get it out to me. I appreciate their effort but when things go like they did for you I agree with you. I'd just spend the extra at this point and go with HD or someone else. Hope you get it all worked out.

·
Premium Member
3,028 Posts
Sucks about the issues you had with them. My tour pack from Advanblack met my expections. Only bad part was the lead time. I waited 5 weeks to get mine. I would buy from them again.
Same here. I'm satisfied with my AdvanBlack purchases. Mine took 4 weeks.

·
Premium Member
3,028 Posts
Have theirs King tourpak and lowers in amber whiskey and it looks great and no problem i am happy with them and will use them again

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
I have the AdvanBlack chopped tourpak and their midframe heat shields. I have a hard candy custom color so I was real concerned about the color match. But it's perfect. The only complaint I have is that the heat shields were drilled for pre rushmore models so I had to drill a new hole. Also Advan's hardware didn't match rushmore models so I had to go to Harley and buy OEM hardware for $5.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts