Road Glide banner

Advanblack color-matched-stretched-tank-cover

8K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Swoop76 
#1 ·
FYI Advanblack has new product out

I just ordered for my 2017 Olive Gold RGS, will update with pics, overall quality and fitment. Already have AB extended bags, rear fender, chopped & King tour packs which been extremely happy with everything thus far.

#5 ·
Saw a post somewhere , where someone used the cvo seat, and it fit too. would like to see how it would look with a corbin.

#8 ·
I have a custom seat but the front part is stock so it “should” fit.

For paint on the stock tank I like this system better than others that have you scuff and glue them on. I plan on putting on protective film on the tank first. That will protect it only to the point if significant vibration/rubbing however given this is simple bolt on will be very easy to check periodically for rubbing and address it.

#12 ·
Finally got the covers and did a mock-up.
. Before, After, after with mid frame wind deflectors which for them to fit have to slide down inch or so I think have enough plastic on its lip to reattach it. Not sure if like it better with or without the mid wind but do like the mid as covers up a lot of inside the frame.
Overall though very pleased with them color match is perfect as has been any of the parts from Advanblack. Will be putting 3m paint film to protect the stock tank. Yes will likely ware in places over time which will just add winter task to check and replace and of the 3M as very simple to install.
Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

#13 ·
Looks Great Sw
Finally got the covers and did a mock-up.
. Before, After, after with mid frame wind deflectors which for them to fit have to slide down inch or so I think have enough plastic on its lip to reattach it. Not sure if like it better with or without the mid wind but do like the mid as covers up a lot of inside the frame.
Overall though very pleased with them color match is perfect as has been any of the parts from Advanblack. Will be putting 3m paint film to protect the stock tank. Yes will likely ware in places over time which will just add winter task to check and replace and of the 3M as very simple to install. View attachment 410257 View attachment 410258 View attachment 410259
Looks great Swoop!
I'm a Big Fan of AdvanBlack.
I would make sure that the 3m Paint Film is safe to leave on the tank for a long time.
Some glues can be a problem when left on for a prolonged period.
Best of Luck with everything.
Mike U.

#15 ·
Thanks @Mike U great point to which had been wondering the same.

@DanHappy the install is simple here is link to install video. What is the hardest will be getting the tape/glue from the stock badges off. In the posts for the video AB states will work with mid air deflectors which from early looks can happen but have to make new holes I’m going to contact AB for more information.

#17 ·
Thanks @Mike U great point to which had been wondering the same.

@DanHappy the install is simple here is link to install video. What is the hardest will be getting the tape/glue from the stock badges off. In the posts for the video AB states will work with mid air deflectors which from early looks can happen but have to make new holes I’m going to contact AB for more information.

Swoop You can get ahold of Sam Chan he’s the US Manager of AdvanBlack and is a great guy to deal with.
If You need his contact info let me know.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.