Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
There is another thread about them not doing a good job with the color matchingon saddle bags. Side by side. Colors don't match.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is another thread about them not doing a good job with the color matchingon saddle bags. Side by side. Colors don't match.
Seems to be hit or miss. H-D is very pricey for the paint match your pack setup which is my I am leaning this way.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Seems like they're almost as expensive as a HD tour pack.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
When comparing the price at boardtracker...I’d spend a few extra bucks and know I’m getting a quality pak with paint that’s going to match. Mysterious red $693 and it looks like you just have to buy a lock kit and detach rack.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Yes, someone in another thread got a poor color match with a high metalflake color. I bought a king tour pak Rushmore from them last spring. After three weeks I got a email the paint was messed up and they sent it back to be repainted. Another two weeks it showed up well packed and smell like fresh paint. The Amber Whiskey was a perfect match. And I'm very happy with it. Before I ordered I found two people here that had ordered from them and were happy but both were vivid black. Maybe a call to them in Calif. Is needed to see about paint?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I bought king tour pak and lower fairings in amber whiskey almost half the price compared to oem here in Sweden and it was great i am happy.Have some problem with the latch on tour pak Advanblack send me a new one for free

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When comparing the price at boardtracker...I’d spend a few extra bucks and know I’m getting a quality pak with paint that’s going to match. Mysterious red $693 and it looks like you just have to buy a lock kit and detach rack.

Wow! They are significantly cheaper than the dealers near me. Upside is that I can likely get my dealer to match this dealer. :smile:

·
Registered
89 Posts
My experience with advan ex bags was terrible. Quality was bad, vivid black match was bad, customer service was worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
321 Posts
Like someone said before spend a few more bucks at Boardtracker and get the real deal. Avoid all the hassle, it's not worth it.

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
I don't have an Advan Black King TP but I've dealt with Advan Black as well as Mutazu in the past and have been very pleased with the outcome.
I have a Mutazu Chopped TP that is very well made but I only use it when I'm travelling. I also have their faring lowers and they've been on a few years with no problems.
I have Advan Black Speaker Pods and their Extended Saddlebags and am very pleased with them too.
I have to admit though, I have a Vivid Black Glide so the paint isn't hard to match.
Mike U.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Advan Black

I have recently purchased the Stretched Bags, Fender Extension and King Tour Pack with luggage rack and quick connect rack for my 15 RGS, Black Denim with matching pin stripes, the Tour Pack was missing the holes to attach the back rest, contacted Mr Chan via email showed him photos of the lid. He asked if I was happy to drill my own holes, if not he would send a new lid to me free of any charges. He also told me to keep the original lid. It took about 4 weeks for the new lid to arrive. To say I am impressed with them is an understatement, everything matched up perfectly, colour was also a perfect match. I was quoted nearly $6000 for these here in Australia, around the $2300 from Advan Black, would I buy from these guys again, you bloody betcha I would....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts