Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey any members here, have you guys removed the vents from your lowers totally, the vents with my lowers are decent, but was wondering if I removed them would I get more flow.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Yep, I did that pretty much right after installing my AB lowers. I ordered the plastic vent covers from Harley that are used on the twin cooled ultras, and they snapped right into place. I keep the solid panels in the saddlebag if it rains and can just swap them out in no time.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like one bolt on the bottom and they come off very easy , if you have any pics of your finished product please share, greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Yeah it made a difference for sure. I also removed the vent door completely (tried that first, but it didn't make enough of a difference) as you will see in the pics. The part #s for the left and right radiator screens are 57100151 and 57100152.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for that pic, and the part numbers, looks great, so you feel with the screens installed you get better cooling than without?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Thank you for that pic, and the part numbers, looks great, so you feel with the screens installed you get better cooling than without?
For sure. It's a simple, cheap mod.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just looked at the website, we have different lowers, i cannot get the vents for mine, even though i like what you did, i will run them this way and see the improvement, mine is wide open now.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Ahhh, yeah the lowers on the Rushmore bikes are a different design, so you are unable to make the same mod I did.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you know if Rushmore lowers would fit my bike so, it is what it is, still happy with what I got, I will see Saturday how much of a difference I will get.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
They should, because I know that the old style (what you have) will fit the new Rushmore bikes with a little modification. I actually prefer the look of your style lowers, but I wanted the vent system of the Rushmore style.

Honestly I wouldn't spend the money on a set of newer style lowers. The little bit extra air wouldn't be worth the added cost. If you are getting heat build up, you might want to try the new CoolFlow fan from HD. I've got one on order to try out on my bike for around town traffic. They say it won't do anything at highway speeds though.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/coolflow-fan-pa-05-26800152--1

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am gonna stay with what I have got, I like the look, I am sure when I ride this weekend I will see an improvement from before, thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well let me start off by saying, ditching the doors off the lowers were an awesome move, no more heat, and still have excellent wind control, I highly recommend anyone who has these to do the same.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
i take my vent doors (2013) out every year. in the spring as it starts warming up, and then i put them back in in the fall when it starts cooling down. then i have them for the winter.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good move, i don't know if i will put them back on, never had an issue in the winter, most of the time i am wearing my chaps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts