Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to post up a quick review. Took almost 8 weeks to get them, but they finally arrived. Product was well packed, and included additional rubber grommets and a mod to install attaching screws instead of the 1/4 turns for an "anti-theft feature". Color match is very good...We're on the wrong planet for perfection...but no obvious runs or other defects. No instructions, but hardware, latches and lid transferred right over. The bags themselves were MUCH lighter than the OEM bags they replaced, but overall I'm pleased with the fit and finish. The only real issue is that my left side exhaust is at least half an inch further away from the fender than the right side resulting in some clearance concerns.

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts
You can loosen the muffler clamp and move the muffler left or right to try and even things up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll have to look a bit closer...Everything seemed pretty rigid without much room for adjusting

·
Registered
7,562 Posts

Here’s my 2012 Custom with Advan Black Single Sided Extended Bags and
Fender Extension.
Very pleased with Advan Black.
Great products and Customer Service.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine had to be adjusted a little also. Just loosen the clamp that holds the muffler to the header pipe and use a strap wrench to turn the muffler left or right and the tip will move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

I tried to attach a photo showing the catastrophic failure of the latch mounting holes on the Advanblack stretched bags. Long story short, I sent Sam a photo and they sent me a replacement...Pretty impressed with their customer service

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
For those running the Advan black stretched bags and fender, does it just mount over the existing rest fender? How much of a pain was it to install?

·
Registered
2 Posts
For those running the Advan black stretched bags and fender, does it just mount over the existing rest fender? How much of a pain was it to install?
No, you have to remove the saddlebags and remove the three bolts on either side of the existing fender "extension." Its a buger to remove. However, I would NOT RECOMMEND using any hand tools to try to remove it as theres a good chance you'll screw up the paint. Dont ask me how I know. Once you get the stock fender extension off, removing the plug ins to your tri bar light of course, you pretty much do everything in reverse with your new fender extension to install it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Not really that hard to do.
from Steve Housden on how to do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts