Road Glide banner

Advice for budget minded

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Hotroadking 
#1 ·
Well folks.. due to some unforseen circumstances, the $$ pipeline has been cut in 1/2.. I had planned on a major upgrade for my RGU stereo, but can't swing that at this time... Thought about going the Hogtunes route as an inexpensive alternative, but several have complained of issues, especially after getting wet... any recommendations to get a richer, less tin'y sound than what my OEM provides?

Wayne

#2 ·
i put kicker 5.25 in mine i love it good sound i guess the only thing i would do different is put 6.25 in i think the 5.25 were 90 to 100 and i didnt change the head unit

#6 ·
Ouch... If I'm accurage.. this is still going to be $719.85 just in parts...

77028-10 Boom Audio Fairing Speakers $149.95
76000021 Boom Audio Rear Speakers $439.95
70169-06 Boom Wiring Harness $129.95
$719.85

If I add labor.. we are talking approx $1K, correct?

#7 ·
If you have the Ultra you don't need the harness or the high dollar rear speakers. The $400 kit has the speaker pods. Just the rear speakers are the same price as the fronts. so you are looking at $300. As far as labor, do it yourself, its not that hard

#15 ·
Well... found a good deal on Rokker front and Rear speakers.. purchased both front and rear ... shipping out today..

Can't speak highly enough on John Lazzeroni from J&M... he has been extremely helpful! Don't find too many folks that have as much as they have on their plate taking the time to communicate as thoroughly as he has to a customer... I'm purchasing the Rokker system... yet he treated me like I'm purchasing the company! Earned my business...

Wayne

#16 ·
Whats the budget?

A little online shopping you can get some deals

Rockford Fosgate P1653 6.5 speakers 3 ways online as low as $46 a pair

Google Arc Audo amplifier 125 and you should find a .2 for around $200

Adapters for the speakers are $40, and you can get the RF P1S652 shallows
to mount inside the fairing, for about the same $40 to $80 a pair.

So under $400 for it all, you can do the speakers first in pairs, with adapters (one kit needed) Ibuy the bits as the budget allows

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.