Road Glide banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RoadGlide CVO Mako Fade
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
You're in the right place to get great advice and find ways to use your extra cash. I gave plenty of thought to doing a Native fatty when custom work was being done. I rode one and ultimately decided I would primarily enjoy the look and might find a performance enhancement...but it wasn't enough to push me over the edge.

Anyway...welcome to the Road Glide Forums. It's like having your own pit crew online, lol. Compliments on your CVO....sweet wheels absolutely.
Awww thanks! She’s a beauty like ‘em all and tons of fun to boot!

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
2,009 Posts
The bike you have is an exceptionally pretty bike, I think you will get used to it, the more you ride it, putting miles on the bike equals seat time, seat time equals the bike and you becoming as one, it's your fault you can absolutely do whatever the hell you want to do with your bike, but it's a very beautiful bike as it sits.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The bike you have is an exceptionally pretty bike, I think you will get used to it, the more you ride it, putting miles on the bike equals seat time, seat time equals the bike and you becoming as one, it's your fault you can absolutely do whatever the hell you want to do with your bike, but it's a very beautiful bike as it sits.
Thank you! The paint is the focal point on this girl and I won’t change anything with the paint, just accessorize her with the gloss black to accentuate it. I have a StreetGlide spesh as a secondary rider (ok I keep it to take the hubby out for ice cream occasionally) so I can take the time and get service done regularly to extend the life. I’m hoping to put quite a few more miles on!

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
Or can you install a wider tire on the stock wheel?
Tire sizes go with specific rim widths. Forcing a wide tire on a rim narrower than specified will round off the cross section profile of the tire and change the forces the tire experiences. When you look up tires at most manufacturers websites they will specify rim width.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Thank you!! She only has 55k miles on her and I just want her to last forever
From what I've read, the 18" wheel is the best (and most economical) way to go.
Both the 21" and the 23" require major neck (rake) modifications, and you're very limited on tire selection.
The 18 x 5.5 wheel requires the same size tire as stock harleys so availability is better.
I'm sticking with the Dunlop AEs when I make the jump.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
It looks like a 21” but it’s hard to tell with the shin fairing and it looks like it’s lowered a little..? Looks hot regardless
that's Rob Murphy's bike. He did a video on the install and describes all the nuances.
he lowered the front 2" and he also has air suspension so it sits real low.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
From what I've read, the 18" wheel is the best (and most economical) way to go.
Both the 21" and the 23" require major neck (rake) modifications, and you're very limited on tire selection.
The 18 x 5.5 wheel requires the same size tire as stock harleys so availability is better.
I'm sticking with the Dunlop AEs when I make the jump.
If I already have the 21” tire do you think there would need to be modifications to jump to the 18”?
that's Rob Murphy's bike. He did a video on the install and describes all the nuances.

awesome! Thank you

·
The Greatest Moderator on The Internet
13,007 Posts

@Little Wing Denny @crazy4ink Murph sold that Glide a while back.
He stops in from time to time but I am not sure if He picked up another one yet.
The last I heard, He relocated from Virginia to Massachusetts.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
If I already have the 21” tire do you think there would need to be modifications to jump to the 18”?
awesome! Thank you
I don't know, but Dave at Native Custom Baggers 269-276-9200
answered every question I had.
They can address air ride suspension and all the possibilities, too
Rob's bike is an 18" front tire that has been lowered 2" and aired down on the picture.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts