Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to determine exactly where I should put the lower speakers in the fairing. I don't want to cut the glove boxes. I am installing Hertz ECX130.5. The speakers are 1.96 inches (50mm) deep and the hole needs to be 4.68 inches (119mm). For those that have installed speakers in the fairing if you could provide any help on where I need to put the whole it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
PM me your email, and I will send you what Yaffee gives you with his kit, another member sent them to me and was a big help.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM sent, thanks.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That gave me the info on actually cutting the holes. But I am trying to determine exactly where to cut the holes, i.e. measurements like so many inches from the bottom or top and possibly side to side, or should I say front to back. If someone has the same speakers or some that are similar in dimensions that would help. Just trying to make sure I don't "f" this up after spending the cash for a painted inner fairing. Again any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
272 Posts
just my thoughts

Well as you saw I didn't keep my gloveboxes BUT I can tell you that I made sure the grills were not in an area with a radius and it needs to be above where the fairing mounts are located, also I made sure they were equal from left to right and the speakers inside the grill pointed the same and the grills pointed the same (OCD). As long as you are sure that speaker will fit in the gap, it really is a personal choice as long as you stay in those guidelines in my opinion specially if your speaker will fit with no cutting to the gloveboxes. Also you are probably going to surface mount as where I had to "sub" surface mount.

Happy cutting!

·
Registered
875 Posts
check clearance for speaker grill and forks before cutting as well. I basically eyeballed mine by holding speaker against inside of the inner fairing to get location. I ended up a tad too far forward and forks rub the grill. My mistake was the speaker is surface mount, but I did subsurface positioning. Next time I would make sure I was toward rear of inner fairing as much as glove box allows. Once you have first hole cut, you can transfer measurements to uncut side. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts