Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas I just bought a pair of HD premium shocks from another member and am looking for some advice on set the preload, one turn for me seems okay I weight about 228, but for me and my wife the adjustment on the chart doesn't seem correct, she weights about 145 , what do you guys set your on? Thanks.:confused:

· Registered
8,503 Posts
Hi fellas I just bought a pair of HD premium shocks from another member and am looking for some advice on set the preload, one turn for me seems okay I weight about 228, but for me and my wife the adjustment on the chart doesn't seem correct, she weights about 145 , what do you guys set your on? Thanks.:confused:
I may have missed what year your bike is, mine is a 15 RGS and my manual shows the knob clicks for each 1/2 turn:

230 lbs: 7 turns / add the passenger of 145 and the book shows to turn to the max adjustment, which is clockwise when both ride.

I am at 165 and have mine set counter-clockwise as far as it will go and it seems to ride stiff to me, not much give. As a suggestion, you might try to set it half way and see how that goes.

· Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay great, it just seemed like a lot of turns for me and the ole lady, I think the chart said 13? does that sound right? I have a 2011 fltrx by the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.