Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm in the middle of my build. Punching my 06 88" out to 98" with a Dragos 2.5 kit with a Dragos 580 cam, headwork and Dragula 2 4 into 1 with quiet 2.55 baffle. 10.5 comp and will be dyno tuning with TTS (Gene Thomison).

My question is regarding upgraded / bored throttle body and / or upgraded injectors. Want can I expect and is it worth it....I don't mind the addl cost if it's actually making hp you can feel. I'm not looking for every last possible hp out of this build.....but I won't leave 5+hp or tq on the table either if I can get it easily. Not too worried about gas milage as I don't do extended trips and even the ones I'd like to do are measured in the 100's off miles, not 1000's.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not call Dragos?
I will tomorrow when he's back in the shop.....just thought I'd tap the collective wisdom of the group since I'm here today.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Your stock TB is 46mm and it should work well with your build. There a tons of BB build on the 88 engine that bring it up to 95 to 98 ci that run the OEM TB and injectors with no problem.
The TB upgrade won't help your low end or mid range power any it may only help the top end output.
The biggest TB you should go with on that build is the 50mm TB which works well on any engine 110 ci or lower and came stock on the HD 96 ci engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts