Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to be putting in an after market radio. I have the hawg Wired HUA470 install kit. All I'm waiting for is spring. I'd like to see what everyone else has and features. Thanks

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
This was in my 2012 SG but I am planning on running this one on my RG too.

Sony DSX-MS60

General features:
marine digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (doesn't play CDs)
built-in amplifier (17 watts RMS CEA-2006/52 peak x 4 channels)
plays MP3, WMA, and AAC files
Tune Tray compartment holds your iPod, Sony Walkman MP3 player (adapter required), or USB thumb drive inside the receiver
fold-down detachable face with black on white display
conformal-coated circuit boards resist moisture
remote control

Audio features:
EQ3 Stage 2 (seven preset tone curves and a 3-band equalizer)
24-bit D/A converter
DM+ improves high-frequency detail from compressed audio
subwoofer level control

Expandability:
compatible with Sony satellite radio and HD Radio tuners
inputs: internal USB input, front auxiliary input
outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/sub)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
One of the reasons I chose this marine grade Sony was the USB plug that is attached to a cord on the back of the radio. The cord allowed me to drill a hole in the bottom of the glove box and mount the USB plug. Stick a flash drive in and you have lots of tunes and it takes up very little space in glove box. No wires to be seen.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
One of the reasons I chose this marine grade Sony was the USB plug that is attached to a cord on the back of the radio. The cord allowed me to drill a hole in the bottom of the glove box and mount the USB plug. Stick a flash drive in and you have lots of tunes and it takes up very little space in glove box. No wires to be seen.
I am digging this set up!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I thought the USB cord for the Sony marine unit was behind the flip up face plate?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Can't find a picture of my Sony, here is a link for it on biketronics. I like having the USB for sure. I can plug in my ipod and my handlebar controls can control it. Plug in a flash drive. Plug in my phone to charge and then plug my ipod into the Aux port till the phone is charged. One problem is you can't see the display during day light unless you lean forward and look right down onto it.

http://www.biketronics.com/products/Sony-CDX%2dGT700HD.html

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look's great. What Sony do you have with the usb in the back?

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Sony DSX-MS60

General features:
marine digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (doesn't play CDs)
built-in amplifier (17 watts RMS CEA-2006/52 peak x 4 channels)
plays MP3, WMA, and AAC files
Tune Tray compartment holds your iPod, Sony Walkman MP3 player (adapter required), or USB thumb drive inside the receiver
fold-down detachable face with black on white display
conformal-coated circuit boards resist moisture
remote control

Audio features:
EQ3 Stage 2 (seven preset tone curves and a 3-band equalizer)
24-bit D/A converter
DM+ improves high-frequency detail from compressed audio
subwoofer level control

Expandability:
compatible with Sony satellite radio and HD Radio tuners
inputs: internal USB input, front auxiliary input
outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/sub)

Im liking this setup,.. but can you change the colors of it? I got nothing blue on my bike, and blue lights in the radio would drive me nuts.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Does it work with a iPhone and the controls on the bars

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Im liking this setup,.. but can you change the colors of it? I got nothing blue on my bike, and blue lights in the radio would drive me nuts.
Unfortunately not. You may want to look into the Sony DSX-S210X. It is not a marine head unit but has similar features and also adds satellite radio compatibility. Illumination is switchable between red and blue.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The Sony radio I referred to in my earlier post is model CDX-M60UI. It has the USB plug already on a cord (cord is about 30" long) and the cord is on the back of the unit. It also has a Aux. plug on the face plate, and the read out is LCD so it can be seen very well even in bright sunlight. The display has two switchable color options, blue or red, and it does work with the handlebar controls (either Biketronics or Hawg Wired kit). I used the Biketronics kit because the auto volume control was important to me and then bought the Hawg Wired mount system (their mount fit and finish is excellent). Cost me more to do it this way, but I'm a fussy old bastard! Hope this helps with any questions.
Tom

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Unfortunately not. You may want to look into the Sony DSX-S210X. It is not a marine head unit but has similar features and also adds satellite radio compatibility. Illumination is switchable between red and blue.
Ive decided on the MS60. There is no way I would put a non marine head unit on a bike. :D

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Ive decided on the MS60. There is no way I would put a non marine head unit on a bike. :D
I have found that it really doesn't make a difference. I washed the bike with the M60 and got it wet thinking it would not make a difference. It did. Didn't work right until it completely dried out. Any head unit I use from now on will stay behind the Biketronics splash guard.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
+1 the same set up i did and works great

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have the Sony ms60 and it's great. Can't change the display color but being able to put the iPod inside the deck and not worry plus marine grade. That is what sold me on it. Plus the price isn't that bad seen for $160 on some sites. Also it charges the iPod or iPhone whatever you use.

1 - 20 of 242 Posts