Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking to upgrade my stock speakers. Does anyone have any suggestions on HD, J&M or Hogtunes or others?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hertz or Focal. But you'll need an amp. too.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
So what if you are going with only speakers? No amp.
If you're only going with speakers and no amp, the HD Boom series is actually pretty good, but you're missing a lot. As for aftermarket speakers it's a very loaded and opinionated question, generally you get what you pay for, best advice I can give is if you have a stereo store where you can compare, do it, other than that carefully read the specs for the speaker, the higher the db rating the better, try to get 90 or higher. Also remember your motorcycle will be moving with wind so don't expect the stereo to sound like it does in your car when you're rolling down the road. BTW Dirty Lew, welcome to the forum....

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
+1 on Hertz speakers with an amp.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
If you're only going with speakers and no amp, the HD Boom series is actually pretty good, but you're missing a lot. As for aftermarket speakers it's a very loaded and opinionated question, generally you get what you pay for, best advice I can give is if you have a stereo store where you can compare, do it, other than that carefully read the specs for the speaker, the higher the db rating the better, try to get 90 or higher. Also remember your motorcycle will be moving with wind so don't expect the stereo to sound like it does in your car when you're rolling down the road. BTW Dirty Lew, welcome to the forum....

+1 on the Boom speakers.

++1 on the welcome to the forum

Here's my Boom upper and lower setup (no amp) .... My volume never goes past half, and I can hear them cleanly up to speeds that would get me a huge ticket.

As Ironman (dbell) said, you are in an open environment. The sound is going to only get so good because of engine/wind noise. At a certain point all you are adding by going high dollar is volume.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts