Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on here and “the other forum” for the last few months reading pretty much every post and asking questions here and there and I finally chose all my gear and then Friday morning I got it all put together, just in time to head down to Panama City Beach for Thunder Beach.

So my set up:
Sony AX5000 radio
Mmats Pro Audio 4110 amp
Mmats Pro Audio PA601cx (2 in fairing and 2 in tour pak)

Install was very strait forward. The only somewhat challenging part was getting the speakers in the fairing pods. I did have to cut a window in the side of the pod for the magnet to fit but that was not completely unexpected. The tour pak was not a problem either with the V-Twin Audio adaptor kit the speakers fit in there pretty well. Amp sat nicely up on top of the headlight secured with some Velcro. Tuning was super easy with the Sony. I set the gains on the amp and then left the crossovers on the amp on full pass and set everything on the radio. I think this worked well but only because I have four of the same speakers. Either way I had it sounding great in no time.

As for the sound, I am VERY happy with how this all turned out. It does not scream at you like so many other bikes that I have heard. The mid bass is much better than I was expecting. Overall it has a very warm sound not overly bright at all.

Here is a video I recorded of it playing in my garage. I would like your feedback on how it sounds and also what you would change or add to make it better.

https://youtu.be/i_laSSN1m9s

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
Sounds pretty good to me. Did you get the hand control interface with the Sony, I am thinking of that on my 18. Let us know how you like the setup when you get back.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im looking at this head unit currently and was wondering how well the handlebar controls work? Does it scroll through the options on the screen like on the Boom?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts