Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a new thread idea. What is your choice of refreshment after a days hard ride? Beer or spirits? Name brand or craft? Which flavor of liquor, Scotch, bourbon, or Whisky? Others? While we're at it here's a link to a new kid on the block.
http://olesmoky.com/products/charred-moonshine
Poser or the real deal?

As for me, I enjoy a wide variety of medicinal libations ranging from a good three fingers of The Macallan 12 year old on the rocks, to a healthy splash of good old George Dickell's No.12 sour mash Tennessee Whisky. On a hot day I can appreciate almost any craft brewed lager. I'm not really an I.P.A. fan. For a mid-ride refreshmenton a hot summer's day, try mixing a BlueMoon with Seven Up at a 50 and 50 ratio. Makes for a truly refreshing beverage that won't affect your riding skills, as long as you only have one! The good news is that you can split one with you riding partner and get back on the bricks.

See what happens when you live up north and the temps are still on the south side of zero?

· Registered
593 Posts
Since the post says "AFTER A DAY OF RIDING..."

I like tequila straight up chased by some ice cold Bud Light. Never really been a whiskey drinker, but like tequila and vodka.

· Gone But Not Forgotten
2,339 Posts
Rolling Rock chilled in a frozen mug. Or regular Bud. Or Bud Light. Or...............

· Registered
2,107 Posts
Vodka lemonade.

-large Costco sized pickle jar, 1.5 gallons.
-7 lemons sliced thin between 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
-2 cups of refined white sugar
-26 oz of Vodka pre-chilled in the freezer
-put all ingredients in the pickle jar, sugar first, then lemons, then vodka
-add cubed ice until full within 1 inch of the top of the jar
-wear good quality work gloves
-shake until the pulp in the lemons is completely pulverized, pass the jar around and take turns shaking, particularly women in halter tops should shake the jar vigorously
-strain and pour into a chilled juice glass or mug filled with ice
-consume slowly, doesn't taste like it but it is potent
-AFTER CONSUMPTION DO NOT DRIVE ANYTHING AND MOST IMPORTANTLY DO NOT DANCE NEAR A CAMPFIRE AFTER CONSUMING MORE THAN 3 FULL GLASSES OF SUPER VODKA LEMONADE IN 30 MINUTES OR LESS.

Calgaryglide

· Registered
296 Posts
Since most rides end on a warm or hot day, I prefer a craft brew, IPA or Lager, Lingefelter Summer Shanty, similar to your Blue Moon/7Up mixture, it's Lager & Lemon Aide. When days run cooler in the late Fall, a nice hot apple cider with a shot of JD will warm me up nicely. Mind you all this is once the bike is parked for the day! When riding, it's iced tea or ginger ale.

John

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I totally understand that there are those among us who choose not to imbibe the intoxicating elixirs and give mad props to them regardless of their reasons. However, just because it's not the devil's brew doesn't mean you guys can't have your favorite libation as well. Shout 'em out boys, drinks are on me!

Damn I hope it warms up soon!

· Registered
339 Posts
Libations

I love a good strong I.P.A. if I have time to linger. A Rolling Rock or Yuengling if I just want a beer to quench the thirst. I was a Maker's fan until they sold out to another country last year. Now a double shot of Buffalo Trace on the rocks, a Rocky Patel 92, smooth music and time with my girls on the deck make for a perfect after ride combo.

And so you know, OleSmokey shine is partially owned by the Motor Company.

Hawkman:cool:

· Registered
2,001 Posts
George Killian's Red,bottle only,or Crown Royal and Ginger Ale,If i cant get Killian's its Honey Brown,if all else fails Miller light.I have a 3 beer rule as long as i am out on the bike its never more than three beers and thats all day.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.