Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's riding where after SWIV? I'm planning to ride west to Niagara Falls since it's only a day's ride from Shelburne. From the Falls, I may head west across lower Ontario and go through Detroit to Chicago before turning south back to Texas.

I'm flexible if anyone else is heading west.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Who's riding where after SWIV? I'm planning to ride west to Niagara Falls since it's only a day's ride from Shelburne. From the Falls, I may head west across lower Ontario and go through Detroit to Chicago before turning south back to Texas.

I'm flexible if anyone else is heading west.
We'll be heading west as well. Haven't given it any thought of the route though. No passports or whatever the fancy word for the local driver's license that Canada will accept so we won't be crossing any bridges to the north.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I'm not sure coming from Canada crossing at Detroit on the Ambassador Bridge would be my first choice. That baby gets backed up BIG time! :eek:

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I'm not sure coming from Canada crossing at Detroit on the Ambassador Bridge would be my first choice. That baby gets backed up BIG time! :eek:
I did it on a Sunday afternoon. No problem other than the dirty looks from the Customs and Immigration folks. Getting into Canada was easier than getting back into the US. The Canadian folks were friendly.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,892 Posts
If anyone is considering staying around for another day or two, here's something to consider. "Springer Todd" and I have attended the last 2 years (and are headed there again this year on that Friday when SW4 wraps up). It's a great casual scenic venue and they usually have some really top name acts playing.

Check it out:

http://www.whitemountainboogie.com/

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I'm planning to head north to St John and take the ferry over to Nova Scotia. Planning to ride to Halifax and up to Cape Breton Highlands National Park & Cabot Trail. Not precisely sure the route I'm taking back - thinking of riding through Edmundson, Quebec, Montreal, Toronto, Buffalo, Eerie, Pittsburgh and south to Virginia.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Interested. I've been thinking about going all the way over to Winnipeg, Manitoba before going south to Omaha, but tagging along and dropping down through Detroit Rock City works as well.
Shrug, will this be an ad hoc route or will it be finalized at SW IV?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts