Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my bike and a new tire and had a shop change the tire for me. When I left and went down road I noticed the rear brake is very hard to press and does not stop all that well as before. Any ideas what he could have done that screwed this up? I will call today but is there anything I can look at?

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
What year bike and does the bike have ABS brakes??

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2009 and yes it does have ABS

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Did you check if the ABS wire is connected. There is no reason for the person doing the tire change to do anything to the brake caliper or pads except to spread the pads a little to make it easier to put the caliper back on the bike. To spread the pads there is no need to pull the cover off the brake fluid reservoir either, you may want to pull the back calipers and check everything including the brake pads which may be worn out and the pistons on the calipers are extended to the max.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you check if the ABS wire is connected. There is no reason for the person doing the tire change to do anything to the brake caliper or pads except to spread the pads a little to make it easier to put the caliper back on the bike. To spread the pads there is no need to pull the cover off the brake fluid reservoir either, you may want to pull the back calipers and check everything including the brake pads which may be worn out and the pistons on the calipers are extended to the max.
I will check the wire but the rear pads were just changed out about 500 miles ago

1 - 5 of 5 Posts