Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a chance to give my new ride a little exercise today after getting home from work. Got about 50 miles out of town stopped for fuel and found my rear tire was flat! 50 miles of carving switchbacks and thinking "this bike handles like a wheelbarrow!?!?"

I'm lucky I'm still alive, thank God for the strength of my reinforced Metzler ME888

I went out without any tools or a plug kit (dumb) but the Circle K store had a plug kit for sale and a set of dykes to pull the object out. Got the plug in, aired it up and rode home, stopping 3-4 times to check the tire. all in all it wasn't a terrible trip, actually very nice with air in my tire. Was kinda freaked out though, needed a couple shots of Jack and a beer upon my arrival back home. went about 100 miles total.

the thing that was stuck in my tire

on the way home after miraculously not crashing (Thank you God)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you are Ok and got it worked out. I don’t go anywhere without just about a full complement of tools-from my dirt bike days!
I generally take tools and a plug kit. got complacent though. Not knowing how long I ran with that tire flat, I replaced it today for peace of mind.

gonna build a Road Glide tool kit this weekend

1 - 4 of 4 Posts