Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have installed an aftermarket amp and speakers to your RGS, what amp, speakers and wire harness/jack set up did you use? Post pics if you have any. Thx

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
79 Posts
What pictures do you need inside the fairing?? I might start on my J&M install sunday if I get back from camping in time. I've got to tear out the factory harley amp too so the tank will be off. Super disappointed with harleys amp and also the stage 2 speakers.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Power Acoustik CA4-1600D Amp

Seems like we have been communicating a lot on these new upgrades lately. I just installed a Power Acoustik CA4-1600D amp in my 2015 RGS and it was a pretty easy install. As long as you don't have a problem doing wiring, this amp will go right in under the stereo and is pretty straight forward to hook up. I have some pictures and a few tips for putting this amp in but I haven't had a chance to get it all downloaded yet. If you want some pictures, send me your email and I will get them to you, takes a long time to post 2 at a time on the forum(sucks). I have some part numbers of some harnesses too. Let me know.
Nick

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes, you will need to get the dealer to do the J&M flash if you are adding an amp to your 2014-15. Instructions are in Audio section.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Which harness are you looking for? I used the HD 69200489 harness to connect the stereo to the rear speakers. The harness for the speakers is in the kit with the speaker pods. I used a second HD 69200489 and V Twin Audio VTFSA14 to connect all my speakers to my amp. You can use these wires/plugs to connect to all your factory plugs and wires go to the amp of your choice. I will be posting pictures soon or can email them if you want, it is a lot easier, posting 2 pictures at a time sucks on here. Let me know.
Nick

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've got a micro2 running JL 6.5's at the moment, just ordered hertz, & micro4 for future bag lids in my fairing! I've got a couple pics but can't post would be happy to email! Wiring harness came from Chris Lowe! As for flash I've done no updates & my flash is V-Twin audio! I just installed my Hawgwired RS400 in my buddies '14 SGS that's never had an update also & did no flash & it flat out rocks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts