Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for affordable saddle bag guards in black for my RGS. Reviews seem hit or miss on eBay and amazon. Anyone buy some there are happy with?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went ahead and purchased the HD guards from Boardtracker HD parts. They were cheaper than my dealer unless you are looking for custom guards.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just for clarity, I'm looking for the rear crash bars. Discount HD $200 vs Ebay/Amazon $70...

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Both my sons have bought the cheap ones off ebay. I think they look to be good quality and the fit and finish were good. Now if your building a show bike and and need show quality you may not be completely satisfied with a set of these.
I bought a knockoff backrest for mine on ebay. I am completely happy with what i got for the price. I only have it on when traveling to put my bag on. Just because it doesn't say HD on it doesn't mean its completely junk.
Before i get roasted, I try to buy American as much as possible. I'm not saying this is true on everything but alot of the Harley overpriced pieces are probably made in the same factory as some of these cheaper knock-off parts without the mark-up.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already ordered aftermarket black back rest and 4pt, also highway pegs. Guess I'll get the crash bars too

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
I ordered the knock offs on ebay. I can't tell the difference from the hd ones I bought in the past.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts