Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy

Anybody ever try aftermarket pads? Do they actually stop better then the Harley ones?

How are the EBC pads? Run a set on my range rover sport and Acura Mdx and they are really good. Ran them in my jag Xf 5 years ago and they were good as well. Anyone have any luck with them on the glides?

Any other brands would be good to know as well and your experience on em?

·
Registered
887 Posts
World of difference once I switched over to Lyndall Gold +. Went cheap last time and installed OEM on the back and hated it. Back to the Lyndalls. I won't ride anything else.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I used to run Lyndall Gold pads also. Now I’ve been using D2Moto Pads the last two brake jobs and am very pleased with them. The D2Moto Pads are very reasonably priced.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
Lyndall Extreme pads for me. I loved the gold so when the Extremes came out I put them on my Stage 4 Phatail Deuce and they were even better. A little more dusty than the gold but that's a small price to pay if you ask me. I put some cheap pads on my rear once they didn't last long at all. I'm riding down a curvy rode in the smokey mountains and I'm hearing grinding. Pads were done. Had to go to the stealership for a simple brake job. I didn't check them before the trip because they were so new. Never again. Lyndall's for life.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
D2Moto pads here also. Great prices and they are really good pads. Will continue to use them.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I run Drag sintered pads on all of my scooters. Three generations of brakes and the sintered pads improved them all.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
I've used EBC, Lyndall gold ,and D2Moto ceramic. They all work well. Lyndall probably worked the best. I'm running D2Moto now. They are the most affordable.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
do these last longer than OEM? Stop differently? DO you guys do your own brakes?
Lyndall gold last longer and stop better than oem or D2Motto. D2Moto ceramic stop not as good as Lyndall. Still running my first set and haven't wore out yet. It's been on a different bike I used EBC, So hard to compare against the others.
Best bang for the buck is D2Moto unless you ride aggressive, then Lyndall all the way.

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
do these last longer than OEM? Stop differently? DO you guys do your own brakes?
I used HD pads and pads from D2moto and both work well and you can't beat the price of the D2moto pads. Brake pads are not too thick so lifespan on the pads depend on your riding habits and where you ride, if you're a city rider you'll wear out faster then if you're a country or highway rider. I do my own brake service and it is a easy DIY but I don't have ABS on my bike.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I went thru 2 aftermarket front disk that kept warping I am now on my third, (Coastal Motto have replaced each time). Met a Lyndall rep. at a bike event. I told him the problem I was having with warping, and he gave me a discount on a set of pads at the show, going on 2 years now and I have not had a problem with warping since.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Lyndall just require less effort on the levers to do the same job and they stop quicker if you panic stop. I don't really pay attention to wear because I change them if they are getting low and I'm working on something in the area. Brakes are easy to do. I don't like to let them get too low. Tires and brakes are not areas that I skimp on. If I'm dead I can't spend that money anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts