Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a backrest for my bike using the stock seat. Looking at the Grasshopper backrest which is a pretty simple / economical option.
Options / opinions?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have no experience with a Grasshopper on a HD.

Had one on a 06 Kawi Nomad. Vibrations drove me nuts. I suppose I could have dampened somehow. But, went to a Mustang seat with backrest very quickly.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had mustang and loved it but not really wanting to spend 200+ on backrest. I only need one for long rides and want be using it alot

·
Registered
6,378 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with one of the HD options listed on the site and love it - The pad flexes enough to move when I need it to and stay put when I don't - I also love the "Squeeze on and Off" way that this thing drops in and out

Not the cheapest out there but my justification for this is due to a f'ed up spine from years of MX Crashes so a couple extra doubloons for comfort is okay by me

Comfort Stitch Rider Backrest Kit-52572-09A | Backrest Pads | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store
How far forward is the pad supposed to rock? I picked up one like you got (used) and it only rolls forward a couple inches... I thought from looking at HD pics that It would rock further forward to allow for easier passenger mount/dismount

·
Registered
893 Posts
I've had the HD adjustable back rest since I took the bike off the dealer floor and wouldn't trade it for anything. Being able to adjust on the fly is a wonder for the long rides and it can be removed with a push of a lever. It does fold forward about 1/3 to horizontal towards the tank but pushing it over that far ultimately caused my stock seat to rip at the stitches (replaced under warranty) My opinion, spend the money and enjoy the comfort.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've had the HD adjustable back rest since I took the bike off the dealer floor and wouldn't trade it for anything. Being able to adjust on the fly is a wonder for the long rides and it can be removed with a push of a lever. It does fold forward about 1/3 to horizontal towards the tank but pushing it over that far ultimately caused my stock seat to rip at the stitches (replaced under warranty) My opinion, spend the money and enjoy the comfort.
I gotcha. I already purchaed the backrest i just wanted to be sure nothing was wrong with it as far as it not folding down parallel with bike. H-d illustration makes it look like it should...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts