Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
REALLY!! You are drinking the Mothership Kool Aid. What BS that HD would take away the hydraulic clutch. I have several Harley's in my garage and the one's with the hydraulic clutch are superior. Don't get me wrong about enjoying the older models but get real. They did it to save money and one day they will be out of business.
I agree with OP my 19 Heritage was a lot easier on the hand than my 19 RGU unless it’s just in my head

·
Registered
2021 Road Glide Special in Snake Venom 🐍
479 Posts
REALLY!! You are drinking the Mothership Kool Aid. What BS that HD would take away the hydraulic clutch. I have several Harley's in my garage and the one's with the hydraulic clutch are superior. Don't get me wrong about enjoying the older models but get real. They did it to save money and one day they will be out of business.
Yes……… REALLY as you seem to want to put it. Not drinking any koolaid. Not my first rodeo. Not my first cable bike. Not my first Harley either. Offered my honest reasonable opinion. For someone who posts on average twice a year you seemed to really have something constructive to add in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,788 Posts
I don’t have any 1st hand experience with levers. I personally went with the AIM slave cylinder and that’s what worked for me. To answer your question I’ve seen good reviews on the Flo levers as well as the others mentioned above.

Reactions: rdubya73

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
1,138 Posts
I agree and… disagree.I was excited to go from a 2010 RGC to a 2020 RGS.As an older rider was looking forward to a hydraulic clutch .And I love it. My wife has been a hair dresser for over 40 years and rides her own bike.I put her on a 2017 RGS with a Hydro clutch and she got quite of bit of relief…for a while.Dealer put in a reduced effort set up and calm was restored.So like so many riders she had brain lock up when ever we stopped on a hill in traffic.Traded her 17 for a 2021 CVO traction control, Hill assist that she loves. And No hydraulic clutch.This bike rolls beautifully the clutch is smooth and easy to work.I as you believed it was a cheap omit on the part of the MoCo. I think Harley created their own communication problem.My 2020 came with one fob, no heel shifter, I got those added with no cost to me from dealer. But for us Enthusiast we take it as cheapening the bikes.What I think there was a Compatibility issue between the hydraulic clutch and the RDRS .
The things we do for love !

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 21 road glide and wanted adjustable levers since I’m missing a few digits on my left hand. The only company I could find that made anything for the 21 since they went back to cable clutch was PSR. They’re pricey but I ordered a set and they should be here Tuesday. I pulled my stock clutch lever out in preparation and found that trying to put I back in is t as easy as I thought because it’s very difficult to line up the spring into that small hole.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don’t have any 1st hand experience with levers. I personally went with the AIM slave cylinder and that’s what worked for me. To answer your question I’ve seen good reviews on the Flo levers as well as the others mentioned above.
Flo doesn’t make them for cable clutch that fits the 21. I called them they said maybe in a year or so

·
Super Moderator
5,788 Posts
Flo doesn’t make them for cable clutch that fits the 21. I called them they said maybe in a year or so
Good catch. I’d forgotten about the cable.

Reactions: dvillicana1
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.