Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it's goes just got back from Gettysburg and saw a few nice roadglides up close with some after market lowers , I know advanblack makes some and so does hogwerks, how do they fit? How do you like em? And is it still hot in the summer months even with the vents open? I have a 96 inch motor with no oil cooler if that helps, any input fellas is much appreciated as always.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I can't speak to the quality of the AM ones. Just to the heat in the summer. Your legs will get a bit warmer. But it's not bad. I throw my feet onto the highway pegs and the wind comes right up my legs. No issue. Close them in the rain helps keep a dry and when its cold they keep you warm. And they funnel air into the motor. They help cool the motor.

I love mine and will never have a bike without them.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey RFG? What brand are you running? Oh and by the way I got hammered in the rain coming home this morning in Penn, worse storm I ever got caught in, water was even getting in the rain gear, what a bitch that was going home lol.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Hey RFG? What brand are you running? Oh and by the way I got hammered in the rain coming home this morning in Penn, worse storm I ever got caught in, water was even getting in the rain gear, what a bitch that was going home lol.
Mine are HD lowers. Ordered them color matched the same day I bought the bike.

I left in the rain and about 2 hours later the sun came out and hit 90. Pulled off the rain gear and the an hour later. I got smashed. Traffic slowed. 4 ways on. It was bad. Passed a bunch of bikes hiding under bridges. Took 9 hours to do a 6 1/2 hour trip. To bad traffic jams. Shit ride home.

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
Road dawg I have a set of Mutazu Lowers on my 2012 Glide and for the price they have held up extremely well since 2014.
I have Advanblack Speaker Pods as well as their Extended Saddlebags and am very pleased with their products as well.
If you decide on Mutazu make sure to call and mention Our Forum for a discount.
Either Company, in my opinion, are great to work with.
Let us know how you make out.
Best of Luck.
Mike U.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have no Complaints with Advan Black, easy assembly, fit n finish is excellent, no significant heat from my experience. Also in rainy weather you may stay a bit dryer but rain is rain.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's awesome, great info also like the look it has grown on me, I will definitely be looking at this upgrade when the season ends and winter upgrades start. As for the ride home definitely sucked,I got hammered for an hour and a half in hard rain, bit pressed on and by the time I got to NY border it cleared up, shit ride home , I was wet,put on the rain gear but I got pretty wet till I pulled over.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Went with the XMFT chrapos off Amazon. They fit just fine and the black matches perfect. Just had to go to the local hardware store to get 1 1/4" clamps for the bottom as they sent 1".

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good deal cause I am just going to so lowers first then maybe speaker pods, I don't know if avan black sells the pods separately but I think they do, for the price I guess I am gonna rock those first see how I like em. Thanks everybody for the input.

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
I have Advan Black Speaker Pods in my Mutazu Lowers.
If I was to do it over I would probably go with Advan Black Lowers and Speaker Pods.
All in All, I am happy with the setup that I have now.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
462 Posts
It would be nice if you could get the speaker pods installed and be able to remove the lowers but keep the speaker pod attached.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have just the lowers but I am adding speakers to them over the winter with an additional amp. That'l bring me up to 6 JL speakers and two JL amps.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I am definitely excited about this upgrade, might end up doing it sooner than I think, rode with one of my buddy's to Gettysburg bike week this past weekend and he had them on his cvo road King, I am sure it's stock, and my other buddy put them on his road King as well, looks good IMO, grew on me just like the tourpak did when I got that for my ole lady, if i put lowers on, I guess it's and ultra pretty much lol.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Like many have said lowers are a must!! I had nock offs on my 12 I put HD color matched ones on the new bike and the quality is better worth the extra coin IMO...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I put Advan Black lowers and speaker pods on my bike this past winter. The color was a tiny bit off, but I got a good discount that made me not care so much. Overall they are pretty good quality, but the cheap Chinese hardware sucks. I stripped 3 allen screws trying to install the speaker pods. Too be honest, I am not sure the threads of the screws matches up with the screw holes.

The other thing the lowers did was increase felt heat (initially) to the point that my right leg was getting cooked. For cool weather riding that was actually nice, but 75º+ became uncomfortable. I think I have that issue mostly solved however. I contacted V&H and had them make me a new map for my FP3. It has made the heat much more tolerable, but at the sacrifice of some fuel mileage. I have to do some more testing on this before I can nail down exactly what mileage I'm getting. The other mod I did for heat was to completely remove the vent doors and put in the plastic mesh grills from the twin cooled touring bikes (that go in front of their radiators). I get better airflow to my legs and engine and I can quickly swap the panels in cooler/wet weather.

Would I buy them again? Absolutely. The lowers wind management capability far exceeds their downfalls. Now if money were no object, I would probably get the MOCO OEM painted ones, as I feel they are better paint and a little nicer fit/finish.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts