Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see you guys posting about all these different parts for our bikes.. Where the Hell do y'all find them at? Only place I look at parts is j&p or revzilla.. What other sites do you guys source parts from?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I see you guys posting about all these different parts for our bikes.. Where the Hell do y'all find them at? Only place I look at parts is j&p or revzilla.. What other sites do you guys source parts from?
J&P is a good source, but they don't carry everything. Look at Baggers Magazine and other bike magazines and learn the different manufacturers and then look them up. Look at the pictures and garages of people on this forum for parts as well. Ask if you don't know about a specific part. Carl Brouhard designs was one of my favorites. There are so many different places and the big vendors or parts books don't have everything.

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
Depends on what kind of part you're looking for. You can go to one of the big retailers for general parts, but for specialty parts the smaller shops are usually better. As mentioned above look at or subscribe to a couple of Baggers magazines, keep tabs on the forums, ask questions, and do research.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
HD parts, Jon at Horny Toad only..I have also used eastern performance and revzilla for tires...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I have had good luck with Hogpro. I have found the price to be within a few bucks of Amazon or eBay, the bonus is they are a trusted retailer, so I feel more comfortable with them.

Amazon is also a place I check often, I trust them more than eBay.

L

·
0 Posts
It depends on a lot of things , especially how custom you want , if your tall the places that deal specifically for tall guys , ie; Tall Boys Cycles , deal only in one part but it makes the ride more comfortable , this forum is invaluable as a source for everything you might need.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
I too use Jon (Pc Pain) @ Horny Toad HD for HD oem parts and aftermarket parts. Tell Jon you are a forum member to get the discount. I haven't bought anything from J&P for years because they are way overpriced on their P&A. JMO

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I too use Jon (Pc Pain) @ Horny Toad HD for HD oem parts and aftermarket parts. Tell Jon you are a forum member to get the discount. I haven't bought anything from J&P for years because they are way overpriced on their P&A. JMO
I Agree, Jon is the BE$T by Far!!! Great Pricing,,, Outstanding Customer Service!!!

Very Happy with Revzilla over the years,,, Great Customer Service! (when needed) and will price match.

'Have "shopped" J&P from time to time,,, Always the Mo$t Expen$ive by Far even if you buy into their "club"

I buy some Aftermarket stuff from Amazon, usually the lea$t expen$ive, arrives quickly, and (in my limited experience) still carries the Manufacturer's Warranty,,, (Verified with Manufacturers for purchases of AIM and Cycle Electric Products~ others IDK?)

If you're having an Indy or Dealer do your work, I highly recommend having them source the Parts, so that any issues are taken care of by them,,, Sometimes it might co$t a little more,,, oftentimes it can be cheap at the Price...

I got bit in the A$$ by sourcing a Feuling Pump / Plate (NIB Over the Counter, from a Fueling Dealer) for "The Short Bus",,, The NIB Feuling Plate had quality control issues... Instead of taking CC info and over nighting New Components, as was originally suggested,,, Fueling's Idiotic Tech Support Instructed the Tech to, try this? / try that? with over the phone instructions with No regard for $pending Labor $$$,,, ended up being $700. in Extra Labor !!! Of course when I contacted the "fools" to at least share the additional Labor $$$, they were only too happy to point out their disclaimer of "We pay NO Labor"...
So, "The Short Bus has the Mo$t Expen$ive Pump / Plate On The Planet,
Oh yea, After 4xs into the Cam Chest under Foolings direction,,, a New Pump / Plate cured the Issue...
I'll Never be "Fooled" Again!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
really depends on the Parts your looking for...
doing your homework is the main thing..you might see something you like and then find out that there was something you would've bought in its place - or the same item for less at another "reputable" site...
for Harley parts "boardtrackker HD" Harley Davidson Parts | Screamin Eagle Parts | Performance | Boom Audio
usually discounts their stuff more than others..
for Aftermarket... just look around the internet and read *** I always recommend checking out reviews of the seller..
and remember that no seller is going to have a 100% love ratio... even the big retailers have dropped the ball on occasion.. and there are people out there that just cant be made happy. just saying..

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I've bought my parts from;

Jon at Horny Toad HD
Pig Trail HD
Revzilla
Dennis Kirk
JP Cycles

For 3rd party sellers, Revzilla and Dennis Kirk are outstanding. Even their RMA processes are painless.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are looking for recommendations, I have made some of my purchases online on Iron Tribe Riders they have a great customer service and they are manufacturers. If your are looking for high quality in your bike, this is the place. They have saddlebags, fenders, lids, lights (I dont know what else haha) for many models. I really dont regret.

Cheers!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Tough times for some really big aftermarket businesses filing for Bankruptcy Chapter 11.

I guess it's a sign of the times!

Kuryakyn, Mustang seats, J&P Cycles, Performace Machine, Renthal, Vance & Hines just to name a few.

YB

HTTPS://WWW.DONLINRECANO.COM/Clients/cuc/Index

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Direct cycle parts,amazon,ebay.greatbikestuff for handguards,madstad for windshield,road 6 customs for handlebars,Google the part you want and see what comes up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts