Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any steel speaker grills out that gone more depth? As in more distance from the speaker? And what alternatives are out there?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Only ones I’m aware of that are actually available are the metal hog tunes.

There are some designs out there from American hardbagger and XBS customs that are for batwings. Rumor has it they are working on a RG version but not available for purchase yet, just some random pics here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too expensive the hog times seen and Rockford forsgates I need some like factory that are raised a bit and also how to punch a hole into them to mount a tweeter as well

·
Registered
761 Posts
For now it’s hog tunes or nothing that I know of. Drilling with a hole saw is easiest and then finish with a dremel if needed depending on tweeter size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
590 Posts
When I used some polk speakers the tweeters hit the back of the grill. I heated the grill with a hair dryer and used a tennis ball to reform the grill worked perfectly. The steel grills look like shit. Repaint the originals gloss black.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered some hog tune grills and my biketronics amp was put together yesterday and shipped out to me yesterday as well. Ahhhhh!!!! ..... BIG GRiN!!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When you turn up your system and get your speakers Rocking do the edges of the speakers touch the grill screens?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just wondering I remembered someone said that the how tunes grill seem to have more space between speaker and grill screen than the stock screens.

Now find out how to put a hole in screen without tearing it up doing to fit fit a 1.89” hole to mount a tweeter into the screen like this one was done in this pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wondering I remembered someone said that the how tunes grill seem to have more space between speaker and grill screen than the stock screens.

Now find out how to put a hole in screen without tearing it up doing to fit fit a 1.89” hole to mount a tweeter into the screen like this one was done in this pic...
Honestly your best bet is to get on the flat area of the grill which will be the inside upper corner. This will also give you the most room between the grill and the woofer but ya still need to be careful

·
Registered
5 Posts

Oh and an 1 3/4 hole saw in reverse is the best bet. Make sure you have the grill in a fixed position or it may grab on the drill and get bitched up. Finish with a dremel

1 - 16 of 16 Posts