Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for stock looking 4" stretched bags with no cut outs. Anyone have suggestions or comments about bags you have on your bikes from cheap to expensive would like to know reviews. Also audio lids for 6x9 speakers who's got what and how do you like them.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Looking for stock looking 4" stretched bags with no cut outs. Anyone have suggestions or comments about bags you have on your bikes from cheap to expensive would like to know reviews. Also audio lids for 6x9 speakers who's got what and how do you like them.
On the high end extended bags a lot of people here, at CVO and HDForums are going to tell you Bad Dad, Top Shop and Sinister.

Some of us either don't have the budget or the willingness to spend $900 to $1200 on a set of bags and have opted for, or are opting for cheaper alternatives like Mutazu, Fairing Factory or V-Twin.
Swomack (an active regular member here) recently purchased extended bags and lids from Mutazu and he has been swearing that they are great bags. Based on his recommendation I've gone out on a limb and ordered the same just a few moments ago (karma I guess :))

As for lids, about all of the above have an option, but in addition I've reads lots of positive things about the Hogtunes 6x9 speaker lids, so you might want to check them out as well.

Good luck. I've been kicking this around for well over a year now...............

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been looking at hogworkz for bag and hogtunes for lids but definetly want to hear the feed back from others about what they have

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
following...interested in sloped HD style bags...

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
On the high end extended bags a lot of people here, at CVO and HDForums are going to tell you Bad Dad, Top Shop and Sinister.

Some of us either don't have the budget or the willingness to spend $900 to $1200 on a set of bags and have opted for, or are opting for cheaper alternatives like Mutazu, Fairing Factory or V-Twin.
Swomack (an active regular member here) recently purchased extended bags and lids from Mutazu and he has been swearing that they are great bags. Based on his recommendation I've gone out on a limb and ordered the same just a few moments ago (karma I guess :))

As for lids, about all of the above have an option, but in addition I've reads lots of positive things about the Hogtunes 6x9 speaker lids, so you might want to check them out as well.

Good luck. I've been kicking this around for well over a year now...............
These bags are great.

Thicker and more ridged then I would have thought.

The vivid black paint was a perfect match.

All the OEM hardware went right in like factory.

Before I put them on my bike I hit them with a polish paste and a finishing foam buffing pad on my power buffer.

The paint is also way better then I would have thought.

My thoughts were if the paint wasn't to my liking, I would just have them repainted, but that wasn't the case, the paint buffed out real nice. for the price I feel like I stole them for what I paid.

I try to make the most out of my cash without buying something I'm not going to be happy with.

For me these 4.5" extended hardbags were a no brainer.

The extra storage and the look I was going for.

Another good thing is if there is any kind of issues with what you receive, just call up Gina and she will work things out to make everything right.

Swomack

·
Registered
143 Posts
I went with the top shop viper bags last year, more than happy with them. I just installed the hogtunes 6x9 lids and no complaints with the lids. I didn't care for the wiring they sent.
Only real issue I noticed is with the 6x9 speakers when you open the lid the magnet drags on the top of the bag seal area. Not a big deal as it can't be seen when closed. These are not hogtune speakers, they are a set of HAT speakers I got from sloride.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I went with the top shop viper bags last year, more than happy with them. I just installed the hogtunes 6x9 lids and no complaints with the lids. I didn't care for the wiring they sent.
Only real issue I noticed is with the 6x9 speakers when you open the lid the magnet drags on the top of the bag seal area. Not a big deal as it can't be seen when closed. These are not hogtune speakers, they are a set of HAT speakers I got from sloride.
I have Top Shop bags with Bad Dad lids and my speakers (Pioneer) drag also.

·
Registered
150 Posts
These bags are great.

Thicker and more ridged then I would have thought.

The vivid black paint was a perfect match.

All the OEM hardware went right in like factory.

Before I put them on my bike I hit them with a polish paste and a finishing foam buffing pad on my power buffer.

The paint is also way better then I would have thought.

My thoughts were if the paint wasn't to my liking, I would just have them repainted, but that wasn't the case, the paint buffed out real nice. for the price I feel like I stole them for what I paid.

I try to make the most out of my cash without buying something I'm not going to be happy with.

For me these 4.5" extended hardbags were a no brainer.

The extra storage and the look I was going for.

Another good thing is if there is any kind of issues with what you receive, just call up Gina and she will work things out to make everything right.

Swomack
Swomack,
Did you go with the fatass series stretched bags?

·
Registered
660 Posts
I found some used cvo bags,later still bought 4 in. ext,painted black from the seller 400.00 the paint was good enough I just pinstriped them.the quality on aftermarket was as good as factory.just put some tapered bags on my 2011 cvo,paid 300.00.every bit as nice as cvo bags.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts

I've also been kicking this around. Since we ride the same roads frequently I'm interested in how much or if they drag? Your thoughts?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Fairingplus
https://www.fmotos.com/
I have an 08 but ordered the new style bags through this company. I'm telling you these are the s--t. I got the 2n1 set up with 6x9 saddlebag lids and they are spot on identical to Harley set up. They are MADE IN CHINA but are supposed to be up to specs by whoever owns this company. I would not have bought the bags if my painter assured me if they were crap that he would eat the cost in mocking them up for paint no matter how good/bad they are.
Here is what I got.
2n1 bags
regular lids and gasket
hardware for the lids
also got 6x9 lids and gasket
For how much you ask? Wait for it $600 bucks even shipped to my door. That is not the price on the website. I emailed him several times to get this price. They are so good my body man just signed on to be a dealer for them.
ONLY down side. You do not get to talk to a human lol. Also you may not get email response til 8-9 pm. I did all negotiation through email. I called the number a couple of times but got vmail. They are paypal verified which made me feel a lot better. It is also a lot of info and videos on internet about their products. I'll get some pics up.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Fairingplus
I have an 08 but ordered the new style bags through this company. I'm telling you these are the s--t. I got the 2n1 set up with 6x9 saddlebag lids and they are spot on identical to Harley set up. They are MADE IN CHINA but are supposed to be up to specs by whoever owns this company. I would not have bought the bags if my painter assured me if they were crap that he would eat the cost in mocking them up for paint no matter how good/bad they are.
Here is what I got.
4.5" 2n1 bags
regular lids and gasket
hardware for the lids
For how much you ask? Wait for it $600 bucks even shipped to my door. That is not the price on the website. I emailed him several times to get this price. They are so good my body man just signed on to be a dealer for them.
ONLY down side. You do not get to talk to a human lol. Also you may not get email response til 8-9 pm. I did all negotiation through email. I called the number a couple of times but got vmail. They are paypal verified which made me feel a lot better. It is also a lot of info and videos on internet about their products. I'll get some pics up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I've also been kicking this around. Since we ride the same roads frequently I'm interested in how much or if they drag? Your thoughts?
Hey Jeff, unfortunately I don't have an answer on that one yet. The right bag is being replaced by Mutazu. It had some shipping damage to the black denim paint and ABS underneath. There was also some waviness on the large flat panel that my painter said would take quite a bit of work to fix before repaint.

Now the left bag and both lids are near spot on perfect. Mutazu's black denim paint is a close match and I would have been tempted to just install them and forget it if it weren't for the quality issues on the right bag. Since this process is going to be drawn out a bit longer due to the exchange, I've decided to have my painter get a better match to the other parts that he has already sprayed for me and that will take an additional 3 weeks because of waiting time.

Long story short, it may be late February or March before the bags are ready to mount and then weather may delay a good ride on the twistys until April. I figured that if I have a scrapping problem, I'll either live with it or install skid plates on the bottom. I don't think its going to be an issue though as the bags don't appear any lower than the lowest part of my pipes (which I've never dragged while riding) so the only thing that might contribute to less clearance would be the width which really isn't that much more than the stock bags.

We shall see................

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Fairingplus
Here is what I got.
4.5" 2n1 bags
regular lids and gasket
hardware for the lids
I have a 2007, what is needed to mount the newer style bags?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts