Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a chopped tour pack for my 2017 RGS. The Harley versions are way expensive and you have to pay for every piece (maybe even the mounting bolts are priced separately:surprise:). But seriously, Hogwerkz had it for half the price and there are other aftermarket companies as well. Are there any significant downsides to Hogwerkz or the other aftermarket brands compared to Harley OEM?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I had to many issues with a less expensive one. Look at Advan Black. Quality, painted at a reasonable price and it’s less then a HD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been looking for a few months for a good aftermarket TP. I found Advan Black and they have one that I have been told by a couple of custom builders that is probably as good as HD. They also have the lowers that look good too. They also have the paint colors that are matched.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Has anyone ordered the Laguna orange advanblack tourpack? Curious how their color match is or even on their extended bags. Does their color match come with the graphics for the Laguna orange?

·
Registered
467 Posts
I am looking to buy a chopped tour pack for my 2017 RGS. The Harley versions are way expensive and you have to pay for every piece (maybe even the mounting bolts are priced separately:surprise:). But seriously, Hogwerkz had it for half the price and there are other aftermarket companies as well. Are there any significant downsides to Hogwerkz or the other aftermarket brands compared to Harley OEM?
All the mounting hardware is separate no matter what TP you get. I got a chopped pak from Mutazu on ebay for my old SG. I didn't plan on running it much so I wasn't going to be too picky with it and I was really surprised how nice it was. I don't know if they come in any other color than Black but the paint and fit was great. I never took it off the bike. Also got a aftermarket mounting bracket off of ebay. Went to Lowes for some bolts and a piece of sheet metal for a base plate and I was done. It costs a third of what Harley charges.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
UPDATE: I purchased the HogWorks Chopped Tour Pack, Tour Pack Mount and 4 point docking station. Perfect fit and finish. Very happy with the product. Easy install and tour pack came pre-assemble

UPDATE #2: Initially I liked the tour pack, but after 6 months, the hardware (latches, hinges, etc) are substandard and cheap. If I had it to do over I would go with the HD version.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
UPDATE: I purchased the HogWorks Chopped Tour Pack, Tour Pack Mount and 4 point docking station. Perfect fit and finish. Very happy with the product. Easy install and tour pack came pre-assembled.
Did it come with the metal plate?

·
Registered
143 Posts
UPDATE: I purchased the HogWorks Chopped Tour Pack, Tour Pack Mount and 4 point docking station. Perfect fit and finish. Very happy with the product. Easy install and tour pack came pre-assembled.
How about of photo of it, so we can check it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts