Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aftermarket Tour Pack - Colton Customs

Hi All,

Just wanted to post about a tour pack I just purchased after much debate for my 2015 Road Glide Special. When surfing the web, I could find zero about this company on ebay, Colton's Customs, so I took a gamble. They did offer a full refund if not happy with the purchase, so I pulled the trigger.

I didn't want to shell out $1500+ for a HD tour pack, so I looked around. Ebay didn't really have anything recent enough that didn't require some body work and paint, so I went the aftermarket route.

I looked at Mutazu quite a bit, but they didn't seem to have exactly what I wanted. Then I found Colton Customs on ebay.

New King Size Tour Pak Pack Trunk Denim Matte Black for HD Harley with LED | eBay

So far, a week in, I can say its a VAST improvement over the cheapy I had before. This thing is very sturdy and came with the metal support plate that the HD packs come with. My buddy's '15 Street Glide has a TP on it, and honestly, neither of us can tell much of a difference. I'd say this is a 80-90% match of quality if not more to the HD pack. Also, the paint (matte) looks like factory to me, maybe a smidge off, but definitely not rattle can.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Looks like a winner to me, especially since it matches the color of your bike. Good find, decent price.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Looks like a quality alternative to the HD brand. Wondering if anybody else has this and possibly could answer a couple questions as the OP hasn't been on in a month and a half.

1) Does anybody have a pic of the hinges?
2) Does the lid come with a weather strip?
3) Is it predrilled for the luggage rack or can it be ordered without it?

Thanks,
Wade

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Updated details for all interested.

I've had the pack now for awhile and have very little complaints. Overall, I think the quality is very close to HD. Sure, it definitely has some imperfections if you REALLY eyeball it but most people don't even bat an eyelash looking at it. I think its actually an exact (or pretty close) copy of the pre-2014 boxes. It does have weather stripping and actually has been tested quite a bit in monsoon type weather. My luggage stayed perfectly dry. It lined up perfectly (pre-drilled and has a very high quality metal mounting plate) on my 2015 luggage rack and my lady quite enjoys having a nice wrap around seat now.

My only gripes:
Hardware is good, but not as good as HD. Not junk, just not great.

All of the nuts/bolts are cheap and have all wiggled out at some point. I've replaced most with new stainless hardware and locktited them. I'd recommend just using locktite from the get go.

There are a few surface imperfections, but honestly, just nitpicking.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Hi All,

Just wanted to post about a tour pack I just purchased after much debate for my 2015 Road Glide Special. When surfing the web, I could find zero about this company on ebay, Colton's Customs, so I took a gamble. They did offer a full refund if not happy with the purchase, so I pulled the trigger.

I didn't want to shell out $1500+ for a HD tour pack, so I looked around. Ebay didn't really have anything recent enough that didn't require some body work and paint, so I went the aftermarket route.

I looked at Mutazu quite a bit, but they didn't seem to have exactly what I wanted. Then I found Colton Customs on ebay.

New King Size Tour Pak Pack Trunk Denim Matte Black for HD Harley with LED | eBay

So far, a week in, I can say its a VAST improvement over the cheapy I had before. This thing is very sturdy and came with the metal support plate that the HD packs come with. My buddy's '15 Street Glide has a TP on it, and honestly, neither of us can tell much of a difference. I'd say this is a 80-90% match of quality if not more to the HD pack. Also, the paint (matte) looks like factory to me, maybe a smidge off, but definitely not rattle can.

Here are some pics.
That is a pre Rushmore style tour pak not the ones that come on the 14,15,and 16's. Nice looking though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts