Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So . . . .

Currently on a deployment with nothing to do in my free time but think of what mods I'm gonna do when I get home . . . this could get EXPENSIVE.

I have a 2018 RGS that I want to add a tour pak to. My dilemma is that I want the function (space) of a king tour pak, but can't stand the look of the king tour pak without the speakers. I don't want to spend the money on speakers because I use a bluetooth headset.

Anybody got any first hand experience with some of the aftermarket (different style) "king" tour paks? Any of them any good??

If all else fails, I may just go with a HD chopped.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
So . . . .

Currently on a deployment with nothing to do in my free time but think of what mods I'm gonna do when I get home . . . this could get EXPENSIVE.

I have a 2018 RGS that I want to add a tour pak to. My dilemma is that I want the function (space) of a king tour pak, but can't stand the look of the king tour pak without the speakers. I don't want to spend the money on speakers because I use a bluetooth headset.

Anybody got any first hand experience with some of the aftermarket (different style) "king" tour paks? Any of them any good??

If all else fails, I may just go with a HD chopped.
I know Advanblack sells aftermarket tourpaks. I can't attest to the quality of the tourpaks but I just got air deflectors from them. The color match is perfect.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I have the king tour pak with the speaker pods but no speakers. I made snapped covers for the wife to use as storage cause we didn’t want speakers back there.

04 Road Glide

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I have the advanblack Amber Whiskey king. It is a good quality. Bigger plate inside than hd. Good color match. I'm very happy with it. I really REALLY like the look of a chopped tour pak but if I can't get a full face in it I'd rather do without. So I bought the king which will hold two helmets. I left the rack off and the lights off. Which cleans it up a little.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a Advantblack chopped tour pac on my 2019 RGS and love it.
I was a little concerned as my bike is 'Candy Hot Rod Red Flake' and wondered if the paint match would be good, well to say I was impressed is a understatement... perfect in every way :)
It was a little costly because of the colour but still cheaper than HD, also I could order with black latches :)
Only extra I added was a liner and rack for it.
BTW It comes with passenger backrest, I can get 2 helmets in it comfortably

Attachments

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
looks good. what kind of helmets? 1/2, 3/4, modular/full face? if mod/ff, how about a pic of the helmets in there? not that i don't believe you, but more that i'd like to see how much room they take up and whether or not there is any room left for anything else...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
looks good. what kind of helmets? 1/2, 3/4, modular/full face? if mod/ff, how about a pic of the helmets in there? not that i don't believe you, but more that i'd like to see how much room they take up and whether or not there is any room left for anything else...
Very little room for much else after the helmets are in there.

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
I was a little concerned as my bike is 'Candy Hot Rod Red Flake' and wondered if the paint match would be good, well to say I was impressed is a understatement... perfect in every way :)
It was a little costly because of the colour but still cheaper than HD, also I could order with black latches :)
And It Looks Good

·
Registered
196 Posts
And It Looks Good
Here's a couple of pics to show how much room, lid shouts easily which ever way helmets are placed, I admit I am surprised just how much room this chopped tour pac has as I previously had a King Tour pac on my Road Kiing and was expecting a big loss of space!

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Very little room for much else after the helmets are in there.
Not true as my pics show, I admit I was pleasantly surprised just how much room it had, but of course it depends how much stuff you are trying to carry WITH the helmets in there as well

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
That's a valuable piece of information for me. I've got a 2018 same color as yours. I've been hesitant on the Advanblack for fear of the paint match........

·
Registered
109 Posts
Several years ago I ordered the 4 1/2 “ stretched bags from AdvanBlack for my old 12’ RGC . The color was Big Blue Pearl . Color match was spot on ! Good friend of mine just ordered the lowers for his velocity sunglow red Streetglide , and he could not be happier ! Also, if there is an issue with their customer service is outstanding

Attachments

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
That's a valuable piece of information for me. I've got a 2018 same color as yours. I've been hesitant on the Advanblack for fear of the paint match........
I just got wind deflectors from Advan in Hard Candy Hot Rod Red Flake. Excellent match. I'm not sure if you can see it in the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm going to pull the trigger on the advanblack king tour pack in billiard blue. I can get the black latches which I prefer over chrome for the rgs. I was going to go with the chopped. But I like my ride with nothing on the back except when 2 up. So might as well get the largest storage for when I need it. That's chopped does look good though.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
That looks really nice! I think I see one of these in my future.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Painey, Getting ready to pull the trigger on the Advan chopped tour pak. Did you get Advan's mounting rack and luggage rack or did you go with HD's?

·
Registered
454 Posts
As AdvanBlack @775 painted as seen, I changed out to 2 up Black for Blacked out look. After market Tail light and speaker pods, back rest came with it and metal inner. So here it is.

C2990D79-734F-4C0C-A4A1-868161EF67F6_1566057047741.jpeg

28E99D23-D154-4755-A7A4-8B65E754126C_1566057073769.jpeg

A9C4A547-13CF-4430-8F00-F5B9EF51D5F4_1566057090072.jpeg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts