Road Glide banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode my bosses 09 RG who has the same winshield as i do ( KW12") and I noticed his has a calmer pocket of air and less buffing. He showed me he has a air baffle . I noticed I don't have this part. Is there a reason the 2010 don't come with one?

Circle Metal

· Registered
533 Posts
I think it's called de-contenting, kind of like the missing cruise control.:D Both can be cought and added on from your local dealer.

· Registered
288 Posts
Reviving this old thread since I bought the air baffle and got 3 screws (Harley Part# 3892) from the dealer but they are way too big - anyone have an idea of what screws will work?

· Registered
67 Posts
Reviving this old thread since I bought the air baffle and got 3 screws (Harley Part# 3892) from the dealer but they are way too big - anyone have an idea of what screws will work?
I am pretty sure they are 1/4-20 threaded holes.
It looks like part number 3892 is a 5/16-18 self threading screw, try a 1/4-20 bolt. (coarse thread).

My holes were tapped but I ran a tap in the holes to clean out the rust. The holes are unpainted and unprotected and mine were pretty rusty. If you don't have access to a tap, gently screw a bolt in each hole with anti seize or a drop of oil to prep the hole before putting the deflector on.
And, protect your fender with a towel.

· Registered
288 Posts
Great info, thanks, and no wonder I couldn't get the damn screw in! Actually, I got the left one in but when I was backing it out it snapped so I will have to work on getting it out, or just use 2 screws. I really do not do my own work since I have back problems so I do not have many tools, and certainly not a tap!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.