Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did a stage 1 to my 2013 RGC. I have installed a RC Components Air Cleaner, MGS True dual exhaust, and a Thundermax Auto- Tune. I am getting a good amount of heat coming off of the rear cylinder. So much so that the air cleaner is hot on the left side (rear facing).
I found on line that I can make adjustments to the Air/Fuel Ratio in the Thundermax but no targets were given. I'm looking for some info on any adjustments that I can/should make and if anyone has had this happen. From my limited understanding, I think this would be caused by it running lean, but I stress limited.

I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks guys!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can't speak from a highly technical standpoint, but I have a 2012 FLTRU Stage 1 with the PV and experience the same. Even with the MAP flashed removing the lean running, it still gets hot.

It has been stated on here that the rear cylinder runs hotter, and given the proximity of the AC to the head and the pipe, I don't think it is uncommon for it to absorb some of that heat.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Seems like a PITA. I did cams, VH headers, CFR mufflers, SE A/C, SE tuner and a dyno tune and my AC stays cold. It feels good to push my leg against it on a hot day actually because it stays cold.

That is not something I would deal with, just me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have stage 1 completed as well and my AC is hot to the touch. I chalk it up to it being so close to the motor and that I replaced some of the stock plastic air cleaner parts with metal which I would imagine hold heat more.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have stage 1 completed as well and my AC is hot to the touch. I chalk it up to it being so close to the motor and that I replaced some of the stock plastic air cleaner parts with metal which I would imagine hold heat more.
This is most likely the answer to the hot air cleaner.

The billet aluminum after market cleaners become a larger heat sink for the radiant heat from the cylinders. The stock air cleaner is plastic and a very thin stamped sheet metal cover. The stock cover will easily dissipate more heat due to the size and how it is made. The heat on the air cleaner is also from the hot air passing the front cylinder when moving.

It cannot hurt to check the air/fuel ratio, but I don't believe that is going to cool off the air cleaner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts