Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I had the heavy breather but after a few months lost the feeling. Now I have the new V&H Vo2 Rogue air cleaner. Had the RSD aviator on my 11. Almost got another one. But went with the V&H.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am just about to take delivery of my 2017 FLTRXS. Yes, in India, the typical delivery of a new Harley, especially tourings, varies from a couple of weeks to six months. :surprise: Currently am on a 2015 Fatboy FLSTF with a 103 engine.

Wanted to seek guidance on the M8 motor on air cleaners. I will be fitting Rinehart 4.5" slip-ons. Someone told me the regular OEM air cleaner is good enough (in terms of being a high flow filter), but I am not sure.

Do I need a higher flow filter like a VO2 or K&N?

I would prefer to retain the OEM box, partly for looks but more importantly, since India rains a lot during the monsoons and is quite dusty on the other days. Does put a demand on good filtration. :confused: It also rules out the classic heavy breather. In any case the heavy breather is uncomfortable for me to ride with.

Guidance on (a) whether an air cleaner upgrade is required and (b) if required, which product for the stock box? is sincerely requested. I am thinking for the V&H VO2 (have one on my Fatboy) or the Arlen Ness Naked Stage 1. The K&N appears to be just the filter. There is no backing plate.

Thanks in advance.
0:)

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Hi Develish. I've heard that the Rushmore AC flows more that enough in stock form. That being said, I've used a Fuel Moto kit under OEM covers on my 09 & 15. I also like the added protection.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I’ve run the Arlen ness big sucker on my last 3 bikes, does the job, and it fits under the stock cover, you can always get a second filter and beauty cover if you want to run an open filter.

I powder coated the stock AC cover wrinkle black and then put it back together. Still stock, but different.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve run the Arlen ness big sucker on my last 3 bikes, does the job, and it fits under the stock cover, you can always get a second filter and beauty cover if you want to run an open filter.

I powder coated the stock AC cover wrinkle black and then put it back together. Still stock, but different.
That stock cover looks awesome in matt black. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hi Develish. I've heard that the Rushmore AC flows more that enough in stock form. That being said, I've used a Fuel Moto kit under OEM covers on my 09 & 15. I also like the added protection.
Same FM air cleaner. I concur that the stock should be adequate for all but the most serious build outs.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Reactions: Develish

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
...Wanted to seek guidance on the M8 motor on air cleaners. I will be fitting Rinehart 4.5" slip-ons. Someone told me the regular OEM air cleaner is good enough (in terms of being a high flow filter), but I am not sure.

Do I need a higher flow filter like a VO2 or K&N?

Guidance on (a) whether an air cleaner upgrade is required and (b) if required, which product for the stock box? is sincerely requested. I am thinking for the V&H VO2 (have one on my Fatboy) or the Arlen Ness Naked Stage 1. The K&N appears to be just the filter. There is no backing plate.

Thanks in advance.
0:)
नमस्ते - Namaste, Develish! :)
I have used Arlen Ness Big Sucker kits on my Road Glide. When just adding a pair of slip-ons I went with the Stage 1 kit, but then I changed the header-pipes (true-duals) and switched to a AN Big Sucker Stage 2. It made a big difference after I had the ECU/EFI remapped.

Reactions: Develish

·
Registered
50 Posts
sage advice

I have '17 Roadglide Ultra M8, and left the A/C stock w/rinehart slip-ons. the stock filter is washable with mild soap and i can't think of a reason to go with anything but stock. some of the other one are purty and all, but the stock does just fine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts