Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been playing around with comfort over rough surfaces. I currently have bitubos (13inch) in the rear and added an AirHawk air seat pad. I must say this is the most comfortable I have made a 14 plus touring Harley so far. Down side is it puts you higher in the seat.

Anybody else on hear using AirHawk seat pad?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I use one on my 16 RGU. Love it.
Key is to only put enough air in it to keep you from bottoming out. Then it won’t raise you too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I love my Airhawk R. Just used it for my 990 miles over the weekend. I also wear padded bicycle shorts.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Just bought the Air-Hawk R-L after hurting my back fighting a cement mixer. Had to play around with the amount of air to put into the seat, (basically followed the instructions) but just enough air as Silver said. I've only done two small rides but the back is good so far.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
I also have an Airhawk R that I use whenever I take a long trip.
I used it on my 2015 trip from NY to Sturgis on a stock 2012 RG Custom seat and had no problems at all.
It works best with the least amount of air in it.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Used Airhawk for years doing thousands of miles all over the country. Can't go wrong with it, helps a lot. Agree with air amount mentioned above

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tip, I could probably let a little more air out, I do get a little rolling sensation sometimes. Makes me want to consider a Road Zepplin seat from Harley.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Another votefor the AirHawk. Rode from Daytona to Key West and my arse was killing me. A buddy let me borrow his on the ride back. I bought one when we got back to Daytona. Best $80 I have spent on the bike!

Sent from my coal fired bag phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I have a Wild Ass seat cusion/air pad. Saved me on my Fatboy for long rides. Though it is a "sport" version. Doesn't fit the stock RG seat quite right.

I recommend them though. Seems to be the same concept as the air hawk.

·
Registered
142 Posts
How much higher in the saddle does the Airhawk raise you? Being vertically challenged sucks!!!

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Air Hawk (s) have made a trip and it helped. Also put just a little air into it.

·
Administrator
10,589 Posts
we have used ours for several years , love 'em , just a couple puffs of air is all you need

JtB

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I’ve used the HD version on long trips. Only thing I’d add to the low air advice is I normally don’t use mine until second half of daily ride or so - just to keep things changing up a bit.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Got a passenger one for my wife (when she's not riding her own bike) and thought I would try one for myself, hated it! I tried different pressures but couldn't get it comfortable, felt it was in the wrong position every time I stopped. I did give it a good run, about 160 miles but in the end returned to Amazon for a refund :)

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,187 Posts
I love my Airhawk R. Just used it for my 990 miles over the weekend. I also wear padded bicycle shorts.

So not only do you have a 'Fat Azz" but it's sensitive too! Lol

I have an Airhawk pad and use it only on long touring trips. Like everyone else that buys one, I used way too much air in it at first. After playing around with air pressure a bit I was about to give up when I found the sweet spot - which comes with far less air in it than you'd think is reasonable. Put just enough air in it to make it look like an 80 year old granny titty and you'll be fine.

Reactions: ChromeSpark

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Use to use a Airhawk but it's in storage now. Got a HD air seat and like it a lot better then the Airhawk. The HD air seat you can adjust when riding because it has a valve to let air out and a hand pump (bulb) that inflates the seat. It cost more but it's worth it IMO.

Reactions: RonC26

·
Registered
198 Posts
Air Hawk

I'm with RonC26 in that I only use it after riding a few hours and my butt is tired. I also have a sheep skin I purchased about a month ago and I use it before the air hawk. Since I am sporting a stock seat on my Special I also have the HD air cushion that allows air circulation under your butt...and it is great after you ride through a rain shower. I do also have an Ultra seat that I have not used yet and if my last ultra was any indication, it will be great for long trips after being broken in.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,187 Posts
Help us out with that Uncle Fuzzy, just what does an 80 year old granny titty look like? None of my titty magazines have pictures of such...

Sent from my coal fired bag phone using Tapatalk
Who said anything about magazines? I live in Florida - 80 year old granny titties everywhere you look!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts