Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up until recently, I find after a couple of hours in the saddle I have to stop, get off and give my butt a break - and that's riding on my incredibly comfortable Le Pera seat. Some time back a member was selling his Air Hawk seat pads for driver and passenger at a great price and I grabbed them, not really expecting much. I was very much mistaken! Took back roads from Central Mass to Louden, NH (wife got me a Groupon for 10 laps driving a race car, but that's another story) and all I can say is "WOW! Three hours without a trace of sore butt - I feel I could ride all day without stopping except for gas. My buddy who came with me on his wide glide and who was hurting, tried the rider pad for a few miles and now is ordering his own. He was planing on buying a new seat but now does not think he'll need to. So, for what it's worth to you, I give Air Hawk two thumbs up!

·
Registered
319 Posts
My wife and I swear by our AirHawk R! Ride all day pain free. I won't ride without a windshield or my AirHawk!

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Agreed on the AirHawk. My hammock seat allows me to do 500 miles or so, beyond that, I add the AirHawk. When properly adjusted, it makes it so much better

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
I tried the AirHawk and I didn't like it. I guess it all depends on the individual but it made my lower spine hurt more and it raised me up in the seat more also it felt like my seat was moving when coming to a stop or when in a turn. JMO
My Airhawk is sitting in my box of misfit toys but I am glad it works for you.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Ironmark, you should give it another try. Sounds real likely you had it over filled. You shouldn't move around hardly at all. When properly filled you should not even have to adjust your mirrors. If you saw mine you would say it has no air in it at all!
The air bladders literally look collapsed! And that's about perfect for me. I've ridden several plus 600 mile days and a few approaching 1000 miles and have yet to have a complaint. They keep your butt cool and comfortable.
And I have a real messed up body!

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,630 Posts
Ironmark, you should give it another try. Sounds real likely you had it over filled. You shouldn't move around hardly at all. When properly filled you should not even have to adjust your mirrors. If you saw mine you would say it has no air in it at all!
The air bladders literally look collapsed! And that's about perfect for me. I've ridden several plus 600 mile days and a few approaching 1000 miles and have yet to have a complaint. They keep your butt cool and comfortable.
Or sell it to me; I'll take a chance.

PM me!!!

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
I tried it at different pressures and it just didn't work for me. The seat I have on my bike works real good for me and I don't need anything to make it comfortable.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yeah... I'm going to need those back!

Lol - glad you like them.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah... I'm going to need those back!

Lol - glad you like them.
Ha, ha, not a chance - not usually this mean but the AHawks are great! Thanks again for the super deal!!

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
It's great for those 10 to 14 hour days. I actually like to change up, I use it a couple of fill ups , the put it in the saddle bag for a few.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What gets me isn't the pressure on the tailbone; it's the bottom of my legs/but where it comes off the seat. I'm going to try raising my highway pegs.

Do you guys think the airhawk would help (maybe raise my but up a little and reduce the pressure on the bottom of the legs) ?

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.