Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have a 13 FLTRU and I want to mount a wolo to it without it setting next to my engine. I think the horn is ugly but necessary. Where and how can I mount this horn? Pictures would be great.
Thanks,

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Not sure if you bought the wolo already or which one..but I used a piaa set, removed stickers, painted flat black; mounted to stock horn mount, opposing (you get 2 horns), and worked up a splitter from the stock horn wire..no problems in 13000mi..they are loud..

ride safe!!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
This is just an idea so far, but I'd like to mount an air horn in the bottom triple tree area so it's at the front of the bike but not readily visible. Has anyone done something similar?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mount in front of battery

Someone mentioned in another thread, that the horn could be mounted in front of the battery in an area where there is some space. I would like to know more how this has could be done. I don't know how I can access that area. Does anyone have photos and or instructions?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In right side cover

I mounted my Wolo behind the right side cover, Relay and all-Fits nice and snuggly..:D
That would be a good location but I have my Cobra FI2000 PowrPro mounted there and there is insufficient space now. My other concern about that location as in the Fairing, is would the sound be muffled and diminished?

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
This is just an idea so far, but I'd like to mount an air horn in the bottom triple tree area so it's at the front of the bike but not readily visible. Has anyone done something similar?
I did that on my Sportster with the same horn. Not sure it would work as well on the Road Glide.

I have the same horn, mounted in the stock location. I am not as concerned as some about appearance. Safety is higher on my priority list.

I would highly recommend you
. The stock horn does not draw much power, and it all goes thru the horn button. This guy does draw a bit more, and it has been known to burn out horn buttons. My Harbor Freight WOLO came with a relay.

I sanded down the WOLO on the outside and stuck a dealer dipping dot over it just to make it "official".

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hoping to get more mounting ideas

I was sure hoping to get more mounting ideas. As I said earlier, I don't want to mount the Wolo on the same engine mount as the stock horn. I also want to make sure that it is not obstructed by the fairing.

Anyone have any ideas here? Chime in please!

·
Registered
830 Posts
This where I mounted mine...
I can't close the vent all the way, but otherwise I am pretty happy with this arrangement.

·
Registered
520 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts