Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any good alternatives to the HD suspension pump? I don't mind buying the HD one if its the best, but I would rather save some coin if there is another option.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Go to walmart and get a bicycle pump. The one I used to carry was only $9 and had a built in gauge. Worked great,.. but now I carry a small portable air compressor incase I gotta air up tires.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Go to walmart and get a bicycle pump. The one I used to carry was only $9 and had a built in gauge. Worked great,.. but now I carry a small portable air compressor incase I gotta air up tires.
+1 on this.....I've used my elec pump for more than shocks since I started carrying it.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
I use the shock pump from my mountain bike shocks. I don't know how it compares in price but is the same design as HD pump.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have a Progressive brand pump. It's cheaper than the HD pump and exactly the same. Get the one with the 0-60 pound gauge.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Here's the one I got:

http://www.amazon.com/Topeak-Pocket-Shock-Bike-Pump/dp/B000FIAUN4

It works great. you can use any pump that is made for mountain bike shocks...

Mine is easy to use; has a screw on primary end that doesn't push down on the valve stem, and a secondary screw in that compresses the valve once the primary is seated; once done pumping, unscrew the secondary, sealing the airflow, then unscrew the primary to remove from the stem

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
walmart as Chain said. Bell Airstrike 1000 bicycle pimp. $10. works great.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I put Ohlins #6's on and tossed the pump in a drawer!!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts