Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Can someone air up their shocks to 70 or 80 lbs(if safe) and time how long it takes to dump complete with a second hand of a watch or stop watch. Just something better than counting. lol. I know that is probably far past where I'll ever ride(50-60lbs), but Im looking for worst case.
Thanks, adown

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
If I remember correctly, 50 psi is max on 09-up. So, what is this going to tell you?

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
If I remember correctly, 50 psi is max on 09-up. So, what is this going to tell you?
I think he's talking about AIR RIDE, not the air pressure in oem shocks. The word dump may just give that away.....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm using Gabriels. I've been writing a program for a microprocessor to control the air shocks. The air pressure for solo and two up will be rider programmed, but I want to set a static dump time to air out when the ignition is turned off, as the microprocessor will air it back to the programmed pressure at start up. It will also be adjustable on the fly, but shouldn't need to once the solo and two up pressures are set. Thats why I want to know pretty prcisely how long it takes to dump from maximum air. Thanks

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
That depends on whether your using a flow control(needle valve) to release the pressure. I take it your just releasing the air from the solenoid valve with no restrictions? For me it's around 2 -2 1/2 seconds but I'm using an adjustable muffler .

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW, 2 1/2 seconds... I didn't think it would be that quick. I machined my bottle valve to accept the air line fitting so I have no needle valve. Thanks! Would anyone else care to join in?

·
Gray Beard
1,522 Posts
I'm using Gabriels. I've been writing a program for a microprocessor to control the air shocks. The air pressure for solo and two up will be rider programmed, but I want to set a static dump time to air out when the ignition is turned off, as the microprocessor will air it back to the programmed pressure at start up. It will also be adjustable on the fly, but shouldn't need to once the solo and two up pressures are set. Thats why I want to know pretty prcisely how long it takes to dump from maximum air. Thanks

Dude if you get this working I'm interested ... And get a utility patent on that !!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Monroes, 380c compressor, Deadline Customs tank, 1/4" Parker DOT approved lines and fittings, Ride tech solenoid block. Full air front and rear. Rides great.

·
Gray Beard
1,522 Posts
Ahhhhh is your tank before or after the check valve ? I wonder if a smoother ride comes from having the tank act as a pressure overflow I.e. Like having bigger bags on a truck

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
The valves are normally closed.The tank has one purpose only. Hold air. Only check valve I have is for the compressor itself(inline)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lundboy1, I have many bad ass 1 off parts and electronics on the RG and my Fatboy designed and fabbed by me. Patents are too expensive, for very little protection and I would rather sell the design and prototype than manufacture and sell.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts