Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Take a look through the DIY monroe air shocks thread. Theres will be ALOT of suggestions in that thread. Theres about 60 pages of info.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
You can also by mounting brackets from Shot gun shocks that mounts compressor under the bike about 120 bucks.
Here's a stupid question that I think I already know the answer to: I'm assuming you can't use this bracket if you're running a cross-under exhaust pipe?

·
Registered
113 Posts
My compressor (ViAir) for the front air ride is up inside the fairing bolted to the radio "framework"

did you have to drill any more holes for the compressor in this framework, or were they already there?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Q, you have yours mounted under the fairing? I'll probably be starting on it this weekend and I'm really struggling with whether I want it up front or find someplace in the back to mount it.

I'm sure I could fabricate a mount on the saddlebag support on the right side, but I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that. I keep thinking that if somehow rattled loose it could get caught up in the rear wheel.

So, I guess I'm leaning toward putting it under the fairing, but it sure seems like an inconvenient place to have it in case it leaks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Q:
Would you be able to post / Send me some pictures of your set up under the fairing?

and is there any noticeable time in airing up with the compressor being in the fairing as apposed to being located towards the rear of the bike? (because of the volume and length of the air lines going to the rear from the fairing?)

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
You can install the compressor in a variety of locations. I installed mine to the inner fairing. It's easy install. Just take off your outer fairing. You can install it on either side of the radio cradle and use anyone of the existing holes or take the radio out and drill your own. You can also tie strap it for added support. I installed mine on the right side (if you're facing the back of the radio). Air up time is fast enough for me. You can only expect so much performance out of that type of compressor.. I'm running a 1/8" OD air line in my setup. I'm extremely satisfied with my set up and ecstatic bout the cost of it, less than $300. Good luck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
....and to answer the question on the time there should be no difference assuming you are not starting at 0 psi. Basically my shocks will drop down at about 20-25 psi so thats when i stop letting air out, this way, when I re-inflate it's already primed with a little air.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
For the folks that dont have ABS heres a decent location to mount the compressor. I mounted it under the right side cover. I simply trimmed the housing where i guess the ABS module would be, but since i dont have ABS it was just wide open space. Great spot to put it and everything is accessible by removing the side cover [URL=http://s1073.photobucket.com/user/rlaf75/media/IMAG0117_zps5a8159af.jpg.html][/URL]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts