Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have experience with adding a 1" lowering link to their adjustable air shocks? i put on some corvette air shocks with compressor and the bike rides almost stock height with enough air to make it not bottom out, I'm going to add 1" lowering links so it can ride low and not hit, plus this will allow me to use a center stand. has anybody done this and had any probs or suggestions? this setup should put my tire very close to the fender with all the air out as its 1" from the fender now lowered all the way, obviously its unrideable this way though, too rough.

·
Registered
521 Posts
In a short , don't do it. In an extended version, read on. I had the dirty air kit on my bike with the 1 inch lowering blocks to help my spouse get on the bike easier. (bad back, surgery, etc) An added plus was the "cool" factor of being able to drop it when stopped, and I got used to this because of easier exit/entrance. When dropped completely, the drive belt would slip, and I could tell it was rubbing. Needles to say it was unrideable when dropped all the way. When I changed out the fender for an extended fender, I also changed out the shocks for some progressive shocks. There was 5 of the wires for the rear lights that were rubbed clear in places of the wire shielding. Don't know how they were working. This is my recent experience.
this is on a 2011 ultra

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i plan on not ever riding with it all the way down, i used to have it lowered 2" with no rubbing or problems, goal is to have it right at that height but with the comfort of air, its a 2017 and the new coilers aren't to my liking. i wonder if i can move that wiring? thanks for the input.

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
As far as the monroe air shocks are concerned, at full compression they are about 9.5". Figure out what where the stock shocks sat and the calculate in the blocks you used.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have 1" between the tire and fender, i went with the 1" lowering blocks so if i had a big leak i could limp home if needed

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
i have 1" between the tire and fender, i went with the 1" lowering blocks so if i had a big leak i could limp home if needed
You have 1 inch between the tire and fender with the corvette air shocks and the lowering blocks?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts